460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took the plunge today and bought a turn-key racecar. A friend of mine and his brother (one of which is a 385 member) built the car, they did an outstanding job, it's a '72 Maverick Grabber, 4 link rear, MII front, 10 point cage, set back 351w that has run a best of 10.52 ET, the car weighs 2740LBS w/o pilot.
I decided with my current schedule I'm better off with a deal like this, there's always things to be done/improved. I'll take some pics after I bring it home this Sunday.
Next question, is there a sight like this to find all the Windsor info I'll be after?

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
The hardest part has already been done... has a Mustang II front suspension... A big block installation is easy now. Sell the W !

I like Mavericks. I bought a '70 6-cyl Mav and swapped in a mild 289 back in the late 70's. Was a fun car.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Man, this is a tough crowd! I bought this car to run a 10.50 index street class, which the car is capable of as it sits. Maybe later on my 545 would be fun to put in the car, but for the present I want to get some track time and enjoy some racing! For the next season or two I'd like to focus on refinements and my driving.
If the 545 doesn't find it's way into this Maverick at some point, it may find it's way into a Grand National hull, perhaps as a TT 557, but I'm getting off on a tangent.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Log onto Hardcore 5.0 for more W info. Just take it with a grain of salt.
Lot's of attitudes.
I may be of help with the W.
Let me know.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Look on Hardcore50. There are a few attitudes there but its NO where near as bad as Corral. Talk to Don Bailey, Outlaw50 to start. They know what they are talking about over there.

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Nothing like the torq of that BBF in that short little Mav. Rick

·
Registered
846 Posts
Coupe Devil said:
Look on Hardcore50. There are a few attitudes there but its NO where near as bad as Corral. Talk to Don Bailey, Outlaw50 to start. They know what they are talking about over there.
Both Don and Bill are straight shooters, good people to deal with.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts