460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sold the mustang and got this . It's a 1970 Chevelle SS 454 with 45k miles . I couldn't pass it up for the price I got ir for !!!!! My first car was a 70 Chevelle and I have always wonted another one ! I also got a realy nice suprize when I pulled the carb off to put a intake spacer on it !!! The heads and intake are fulley ported . The trans also has a transbrake but it's not hooked up . My only plans for the car is to add a F1 blow throw setup soon and add some more cage . Right now the car is a pump gas setup making around 650-700 hp . So will I still be able to go to the next BBF Bash "lol"

Attachments

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
You clicked the wrong button. This is a BBF forum

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Man, you sold that amazing Mustang you had for this? Well, of course, if you're happy then that's all that matters.

Yes, it's a nice Chevelle...although I'm not a huge fan of them.

Sorry for the sour grapes :D

Oh...nice fan!

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Man, you sold that amazing Mustang you had for this? Well, of course, if you're happy then that's all that matters.

Yes, it's a nice Chevelle...although I'm not a huge fan of them.

Sorry for the sour grapes :D

Oh...nice fan!

Now that you mention it, I heard somewhere that you can't run that type of belt with a mechanical fan. Is that what you are talking about?

Still, I ain't a Chevy guy, but that is one sweet ride. Somebody put a LOT of time and effort into it.

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
As much as I like Fords, I still appreciate seeing nice older cars no matter what the make, that have had a lot of work and effort put into them. About the only thing that I like better is the guy who is driving one while he is getting it done.

Good thing about you getting this one... it frees up some of your time looking for the Ford parts that the rest of us might be able to score :) Nice ride, have fun with it.

Tom

·
Premium Member
808 Posts
Ok... next time PLEASE WARN US!

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Sold a ford, bought a chevy and is that a dodge I see in the driveway to pull everything home?? lol, seriously though, beautiful car, I wouldn't have passed on it either...

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Do you know what brand headers those are? If you are still in picture mode lol... I wouldn't mind having you email me some pictures of the way they route around the engine bay.

Thanks
Tom
They are the Hooker headers for Chevelles and they fit great !

·
Registered
349 Posts
I see it's got central air in it! I got a 69 Chevelle going on the back burner in the garage. My wife wants to drive it, so I put together a 550 HP 454 and a hot rodded Turbo 400 for it. I told her she can drive it for a couple of years then it's going to be cashed out. I'll put the money towards a 67 Mustang for her and hot rod that up. I only ended up with the Chevelle because the customer that it was for got a divorce and could not pay for my bill with me. That should be a lesson for all not to work on GM junk you may end up owning it.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Didnt you pull this shi* on us once already with a damn camaro!!!

not a true ford guy lol

=)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts