460 Ford Forum banner

41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Community Manager/Admin
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Welcome to the new 460ford site:grin:

F.U.B.A.R...
What do you not like or have questions about?

Being an old geezer that has little extra time to learn new site workings when the old things worked just fine, I'm aggravated but will get over it. It is still an excellent site for parts, advice and systems development conversation, so thanks for that.
Thanks, once the learning curve is overcome most love the site. The initial shock can be challenging but gives it a few days. :nerd:

X2 @ FordMuscle site but I was advised to do this.

This site moves slow - Ford Muscle Forums : Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum

Google search for ADDBLOCK. It is free and I downloaded into my computer and wow, what an improvement! Knocked those pesky ads and popups off the screen.
I also click on the STAR in upper right corner of screen, click on HISTORY tab and delete history every week or less. I am told this frees up temp internet memory and makes viewing faster.
I moved that section on FordmuscleForums to the support section and will monitor. I noticed the site chugging alittle bit and should not be that slow.

Jeff

·
Community Manager/Admin
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
news flash - forum for a motor last produced commercially 18 years ago, most people have blown up one or two of the aforementioned 18 YO motor. Like old things - check, blow up newer old things-check - yup we are Luddites.

Don't fix things that are not broke
Unfortunately the site was "broke" in the eyes of Google, they are the ones pushing through requirements to make the update sin order to not de-rank the site and work with Mobile.

See link: https://support.google.com/adsense/answer/6196932?hl=en

Also your info is now more secure and many new features.

We always leave the option for users to revert if they prefer the old look. See first post in this thread.

Jeff

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
You are in the classic skin, if you switch to the new skin it is there.
Which is exactly my point. If you have classic enabled and you end up at index.php, you have no way to navigate back to the forum without switching skins. Most people won't bother and will just start going elsewhere.

·
Community Manager/Admin
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Which is exactly my point. If you have classic enabled and you end up at index.php, you have no way to navigate back to the forum without switching skins. Most people won't bother and will just start going elsewhere.
You can click here to bring you back to the main index in the classic view.

see attachments.

Jeff

Attachments

·
Community Manager/Admin
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
I don't like your new format one damned bit - it sucks, bring back your old format, or I'm outta here!

Wayne (SAWDOFF) Pearce
Please see the first post in this thread, you can revert to the old view in one click.

Jeff

·
Community Manager/Admin
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Why do I have a message telling me that I am not "fully registered"?
It is for the setup bar at the top of the page, you can close it by pressing the (-) button.

It is just prompting you to add an avatar, signature, etc..

Mainly to help New Members learn the site.

Jeff

·
Community Manager/Admin
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
First thing ... needing to "LOG IN" every time because the "remember me" check doesn't seem to work.
Second ... even after choosing the "Classic" view, it still does not show the SEPARATE subjects to just go where I want to go.

I wouldn't be here now if there was not a message from here in my regular email.
Can you try clearing your cache and then the log in "remember me" should stick and you should not have to log in again.

It also could because we made some changes the first day or so after the conversion.

jeff

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
You can click here to bring you back to the main index in the classic view.

see attachments.

Jeff
Damn dude. You're still not understanding. I'm trying to HELP you get this crap working.

1. Enable classic view first.

2. Open a new tab.

3. Go here: 460Ford.com (or even 460Ford.com)

4. Try to find http://www.460ford.com/forum/index.php

The file folder icon AND the banner are circular links. They just reload the page you are already on. Stupid.

Attachments

·
Community Manager/Admin
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #52

·
Registered
153 Posts
I don't like this site all the ads takes longer to load and getting bombarded with ads I can watch tv get that we liked the old site want to see parts for sale etc not ads

·
Registered
804 Posts
Auction block still not working this morning. I wonder how many deals I've missed out on besides the Kaase oil pump? I tried to log out and then back in, no help. It looks like it's out of order, the *wanted* post was last updated 9-**-2015, why is this post on top?

·
Community Manager/Admin
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
I made a new thread about the auction block, maybe it should have been in here.
Auction block still not working this morning. I wonder how many deals I've missed out on besides the Kaase oil pump? I tried to log out and then back in, no help. It looks like it's out of order, the *wanted* post was last updated 9-**-2015, why is this post on top?
Can you post up screen shots of what you see per this post in your other thread?

Also try clicking the "sort by date" function at the top to reorder the dates of the auctions, that will help you out.

http://www.460ford.com/forum/74-460ford-com-site-issues-website-help/222121-auction-block.html

Jeff

·
Registered
804 Posts

·
Community Manager/Admin
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
The Your Notifications tab won't pull down now in the "classic" version on my phone. I can see it "click" when I touch it but the only way to open it is in another tab.
^^^^^^this still^^^^^^ the Your Notifications pull down still isn't working and mine shows 6 but all have been read.
Can you grab us a screen shot of what you are seeing, and device info.

Thanks,
Jeff

41 - 60 of 63 Posts