460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! I'm new to these forums and am looking forward to everyones insight.... I own an 88 mercury cougar that im looking to run at around 450-500hp.. i have a block and tranny from a ford centurion... i havent grabbed model numbers off of it but it is an externally balanced motor...im guessing cause it has a harmonic balancer on the front of the block on the crank... Does anybody know if the trans from those trucks are any good? Thank you and i appriciate your help and input.....PS my build isnt going to be started for a bit .....so for now ill just be gathering info!!!! GOD I LOVE BIG BLOCKS! :twisted:

·
Registered
10,854 Posts
Welcome to the forum ... I'm sure you will find all kinds of builds to fit your application in the "Engine Buildups" section.

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts
Welcome to the forums !

·
Premium Member
3,225 Posts
Glad to have you aboard our little part of the web. Lots of really good guys here to help you out. Just post up any ? you have, even if you think they are dumb or repetitive. You won't find as much info on these motors anywhere else on the planet. :lol: 8)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the welcoms... I have found a lot of info already just by browsing the endless nuber of pages ... looking forward to the day my block starts up for the first time.. i already know it would be worth the time and money to build and i cant wait!!!!!!!!!! :twisted:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts