460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!
I,ve been reading alot of the posts for quite a while now way back when it was in Network 54. There is alot of great info. I also like this new forum since it moved. I have worked in a Dynamometer Lab for 25 years testing engines and transmissions, it is interesting work. My hobbie is my 1970 Mercury Marquis Convertible that I inherited from my inlaws. It is a Florida car so it is a pretty solid body. I rebuilt the engine and transmission in 2004 now I need to do some cosmetic work on the interior and exterior.
Bye for now.

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
welcome aboard................

Welcome aboard. It sounds like you have an awesome cruiser. Do you ever get to blow things up on the dyno??....LOL..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the greetings.

To answer the question on blowing things up on the dyno. I do, sometimes it is the engine and sometimes it is the transmission. A few times a fire has erupted from the damage, thats when it really gets your heart pumping to figure out if I can put the fire out with a hand held extingisher or just pull the alarm and let the Co2 system put the fire out. Like I said it is an exciting job.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts