460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like most of the guys on this board I love new tools. I just thought I would start a thread to see if anyone had any new tools that are the greatest thing since sliced bread.

In my case I picked up a couple of items for the new dragster engine. They both worked great, just as advertised.

First, is Koul Tools. These are braided hose assembly tools that make it a breeze to install the aluminum AN hose ends. No more frayed hose, bloody fingers, etc. Doesn't even matter if the hose ends are frayed a little. It will still work. These things work as advertised. I had held off on buying them in the past because they had a large set and a small set. Now, they have middle sized set, their "Hot Rod" set which is AN 6-8-10. Those are 95% of the hoses you use on a car. Got mine from Summit with my racer discount, but here is the mfg site:
http://www.koultools.com/

Second is the Lock In Tool. My new Diamond pistons have a round wire lock. They are not too hard to put in by hand, but this tool cut installation time by 80%. They have one for Spiro locks as well. I bought the plastic one for round wire locks.. It didn't cost much and worked well. I wish I would have bought the steel one. The piston had some sharp edges around the pin bore and it wears the plastic. I would estimate the plastic tool could do 3-4 engines before it was worn enough to start causing problems. The steel one would last a lifetime.
http://www.lockintool.com/how-to-use/

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
the koul tools work awesome......Bobby Z brought a set down and left them at Chris's house so we have made several lines with them from -6 up to -12 and they work flawless. I was sceptical at first but after using them once or twice, they actually work.thanks Bobby Z:D

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
my new favorite as of now is a work light called a wobble light. Its bright, you cant knock it over and break it, it sits on the floor. Right now with all my reno's going on its our primary source of light at night. The wife even likes it.

·
Registered
377 Posts
the koul tools work awesome......Bobby Z brought a set down and left them at Chris's house so we have made several lines with them from -6 up to -12 and they work flawless. I was sceptical at first but after using them once or twice, they actually work.thanks Bobby Z:D
Your welcome Rick, i was a little leary of them to. I came a cross them at a swap meet where the Koul tool people had a table set up and gave me a demastration. I picked the smallest -4 AN to put together because they seem to give me the hardest time, had that sucker together in no time. No blood and most important to me was no scratches on the fitting itself :cool:.

I also will give the Drill Doctor a vote here to. It has bailed me out in a pinch. If your going to sharpened 1/2 to 3/4 drill bit's i recomend going to a coures stone that you can buy extra with the drill doctor :cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts