460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chrome Moly Wheelie Bars. I had Eric weld on a back brace for the rear which helped mount the wheelie bars. Clearance was an issue with the sheet metal holding my fuel cell and stuff inside. If the bars get into the metal then I may have to cut a notch into the fuel cell compartment.

They don't stick out TOO far, I guess they will grow on me, I'm already starting to like them better just for the COOL factor :mrgreen:

When loading the car, it unloaded the rear tires. when loading and unloading, I'll have to pull the pins and hold the wheelie bars up with a rope secured to my hatch striker or a eye bolt that I may add to the license plate area.

The bars are set at 5" off the ground now and are adjustable in the front AND rear of the top bars.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Bars look good. Now you dont have to worry about anything. Just frog stomp it and go.

T

·
0 Posts
Nice looking bars dude !!! :D I told you they wouldn't stick out too far. They stick out about 2' ? Did you also update your cage? If so we need pics!!!! :D

·
Registered
159 Posts
Damon

Bars look nice! Looking at the pictures I would recomend notching the sheet metal at your fuel cell floor as you mentioned. Got to believe that you will crunch the floor just as the car squats, and if you happen to get on those bars hard. not worth chancing in my opinion looks to close!

Colin

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Colin Bars are rigid but I still need to notch the floor. Time will tell :wink: We actually unloaded the rear tires trying to get the car on the trailer and they didn't hit the floor but it was CLOSE!!

John I'd have to check my receipt in the truck. I think the kit was around $250 to $300 but then he modified them and made them just a tad bit shorter. Add labor then probably $400 to $450 or something like that.

Chris Cage is updated and certified. I'm ready to rock but my wallet says NO :!:

Lew Short times were 1.32 and 1.33 getting off the gas and smashing into the ground right at the 60' line :shock:

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Banned
4,325 Posts
I know they are Damon but the last one I did it did lots more damage to my headers than yours :roll: but then again my car is only 2" off the ground so I know why it happened. I only let mine come up 18 to 20 inches though, still no fun to drop the front end from that height.

Randy

·
Registered
862 Posts
Hey Damon!,

The bars look good. I just got back on the 4th from testing round 2. I didn't get nor was I looking for quick times but we did get the car leaving strait as an arrow. We only had time to get it leaving good so I couldn't turn up the wick but its coming. Should run 9.20s on motor and maybe 8.60s with a 2 hundred shot. Will be towing back up here end of July so we can go racing. Good luck and get that thing to the track and see what she does. I can't wait till me, you, Chuck, Kevin, and Blake get together with our cars.

Keith Sherry

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Damon I must have missed this post, but the wheelie bars look great 8) . No more messy panties :shock: :lol: . I have one suggestion though. So you don’t have to use a rope to tie up the bars, see if you can add a hole like in my photos. My bars came from Jerry Bickel and that gusset is available from him for $6.50 if you can’t add the hole. In the run position in the first photo the quick release pin is in the forward lower hole. Right now is set a 5” to the center of the axle bolt. In the second photo it’s set in the upper aft hole and the axle bolt is now 9” off the floor. The third photo is so you can get a clear picture of how it’s made. I can get my floor jack under there now and loading on the trailer shouldn't be a problem.It might be worth looking into so you don’t have to use the rope.

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Doug,

That is TOO cool! I wish mine had those gussets.

One issue that I would run into is the top bar getting into the pan I have for the fuel cell. May have to 'tweak' the pan a bit to get the top bars to go higher. Look at the side view pictures of my bars and you can see how close they are to the 'floor' of the fuel cell area, it's level with the bottom of the quarters and rear bumper cover.

As always, thanks for sharing your pictures!

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Put some 90-10 struts, with some Morroso drag springs, bout 150lbs support and 3 feet of compressed energy. You can need wheelie bars!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts