460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got some new (new to me) wheels and tires for my 68 Moneterey.

Wheels are from a 2005 Ranger, and the tires are 255/65/16's that I picked up used. I had to clearance the front wheelwell a little and relocate the exhaust hanger on one side, but that's it.

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
728 Posts
i think they look pretty sweet, i generally like new style factory rims on an older car, gives it a bit of a refreshed look. im going to be running some early 90s explorer rims on my mercury.

·
Registered
751 Posts
looks cool! is that a 68' Galaxie 500? i just got a hood cowl put on mine (68' Galaxie convertible) ill see if i can post a pic in a lil bit

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
MauriSSSio said:
looks cool! is that a 68' Galaxie 500? i just got a hood cowl put on mine (68' Galaxie convertible) ill see if i can post a pic in a lil bit
Nope, 68 Mercury Monterey fastback. Merc version of the Ford Galaxie. I've been told there were only 1500 of them made. Got it from an old lady in the mountains. She and her husband were the original owners, she stuck it in the barn in 1984 after he died, I bought it in about 1999. It's my wife's daily driver.

·
Registered
751 Posts
thats a bad *** car,can u post more pics? yeah i wasnt 100 percent sure on what it was because the front fenders look a tiny bit different. also it has a body molding.

correction:the doors are a bit different

·
Registered
334 Posts
wheels and car

not bad for a white boy. :shock: need some mud flaps and a coon's tail :D , oh where are the fuzz dice and what no doggie in the rear. :lol: shame,shame. oh well some much for rib'en. very sharpe , don't see those cars around no more. i got my eyes on a 66 "500" next to a moible home that i think is a 428 car. haven't been up close but soon. but VERY NICE MAN.==Fastfrog==

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: Nice

mudbogtom said:
I think they look good.

What kind of tires are they? I have some 16"s from an Explorer on my 70 Ranchwagon... and I have been sort of looking for something about that size.

Tom
Tires are Kumho, excta or something. 255/65/16 H-speed rating. I bought them form a guy with a Range Rover when he switched to mud tires. Performance tire selection is kind of limted fot 16" wheels, but in this case, they have a 29" diameter which is the same as stock so the speedo is dead on. I could go a little wider in the rear, but I like to have the same size tires on all corners so I can rotate them.

No more pics for the moment, my camera took a dump and I'm waiting for the new one to get here later this week.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts