460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
I had thought about building one of these a few years ago when the blocks/cranks that make this possible first started being available.

I like the idea of having 460 CID with SBF parts availability. Especially the intakes/Scatter shields and other parts. And, with the possibility of using the excellent aluminum CHI and the new SCM heads http://www.scmenginedevelopments.com/-4v-cleveland-heads.html the possibilities are endless.

I can't imagine having the hi port CHI heads with turbo's on the 460 SBF!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Well, I'm not really that impressed with the HP. It's only 1.25 HP / CI. I would have thought it would be at least 1.35. But that's just me. Now only if you could buy a short block and put Cleveland style heads on it, without changing pistons. I would buy that in a heart beat.

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
Apples and oranges. Big block 460 vs. small block stroker (460). $$$/HP, I know which one I'd build.

Apples to apples.....small block stroker (460) vs. big block stroker (557). Pretty sure I know which one I'd build.

;)

·
Registered
19 Posts
For 10Gs...

What do you guys think? Anyone have or build one yet?
I shudder to think what kind of deviously evil crate engines some of the builders on this forum could do for 10K out the door. I don't think it would be unreasonable to expect 900hp on pump gas out the door.

Don't get me wrong, the Z460 has a time and place. Engine bay constraints? Sure. building a killer sleeper? Sure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts