460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been browsing this forum for quite awhile now annd have noticed that there appears to be three types of members.

1. The all out builder\racers that have been beating the 460 for years

2. The guys that have built engines in the past but are slowly moving into the HP 460 side.

3. The guys who have had the money to pay someone to do all their work and only had to worry about going with powder coated or chrome valve covers.

Personally I think I fall somewhere between all three depending on my issue. I can tear apart and rebuild anything while staying fairly close to OEM quidelines. Now I am venturing into new territory for me.

Would a newb forum help keep all the relatively beginner questions (such as many of mine) segregated to a seperate area?

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
wish i fell into group # 3. think some wouldnt know where to post-- like how many cubes do i have if i got this bore & stroke. to them its a hi tech question

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
I think we have enough groups now.

Do worry about asking beginner questions.

My advise - TRY to use the search function and if you can find what you need OR you don't understand what they are saying - then ask it again. You are correct - that there are all levels of knowledge and experience here. If you ask a very simple question then guys like me (a yahoo street squirell) will help you. If you ask a deep technical question, then the master engine builders will help you. If you ask a really silly (I did not say stupid) question - then we will all give you some grief (usually in good fun).

Anyway, this is a very well behaved group that will answer the same question many times before snapping at you.

Enjoy.

·
Registered
6,697 Posts

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
I fall right in at #3! The only problem is I don't have the money. I just have to many other things going on with two kids in college a 13 year old girl that thinks she's 27 and have her on place. :evil:

Also I did just get my valve cover back from RT's Custom Polishing :D
anyway, I like to keep the guys from the board sharp with all my questions right Damon!!!!

·
Registered
6,697 Posts

·
Banned
4,325 Posts
I have heard there is no thing as a Dumb Question! so ask away, we were all in your shoes and some still are but we will explain or try to and hope it helps

Back up there I know a few guy's (not on here) that do ask some really Stupid questions, but thats another story :D

Randy

·
Registered
107 Posts
Back up there I know a few guy's (not on here) that do ask some really Stupid questions, but thats another story

It's like the t-shirt says, "there are no stupid questions, only stupid people." :lol:

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Shawn, I fall into the same catagory as you. We all ask silly questions once in a while. For instance. I told Lem Evans that I needed a set of push rods for my A/Head build. When i looked at them I noticed that the second pack of 8 was longer than the other. Instead of thinking just for one second I called Lem and said that i had received one wrong package of P-rods.But, before he could explain my pee brain woke up and realized what it was. Of course i was thinking OEM, all the same length, except New SCJ and P51 Jon Kaase. But,I have learned more asking dumb questions than any other way. Welcome to the Best forum on the web. Rick

1 - 11 of 11 Posts