460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I'm new to the 385 family and this forum so, I have a few questions about the build I'm doing.
Anyways, to introduce myself, I'm from Dubuque, Iowa. I build power plants and I'm a stainless process pipe welder. I've built a couple mini-trucks, helped build a couple imports (yawn), a couple mustangs (5.0s and 4.6s) and my own Lincoln Mark VII(that might be getting a built 460 if this build goes well to replace the 347 stroker that's in it now.)
My current project is a 1929 Model A tudor sedan. Suicide mount front end, 9", 2x3 frame, 12" channel and a 7" chop. I bought a 460 and c6 for $100 as a starting point, but when I was ripping apart the motor, I found the heads were a D2ve casting, so I'm on the hunt for a new set of heads. With the stock flat tops, what would the c/r be with a 72cc/97cc chamber? And should I use a d3ve casting, I would like an adjustable valvtrain, so machining is one option and another is these from crane.( http://shopcranecams.com/rocarmguidco.html) Does anyone have any experience with these??? And last but not lest, Anyone have any heads for sale????? :D

·
Registered
858 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
d3 heads

hey,I have a set of D3 heads I'll sell you. They need to be gone through, took them off a 460 lincoln motor, what will you give for them??

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info. I found a set of heads locally from a machine shop. They are off a pulling truck that the guy ground the casting numbers off, so no one would know what he was running. Rules changed and now the casting number has to be visible. Well turns out that they are d0ve heads. (Confimed from the machinist) They have stainless steel valves in them and only have about 8 runs on them. Best thing is I got them DAMN cheap. Anyways does anyone have any recommendations for a piston company? How does a Gapless ring perform in these engines?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts