460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
I think no matter what your time, at least a hoop & back bracing is a good investment. One never knows :shock:

Doug... 8)

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
ThndrChkn said:
I think no matter what your time, at least a hoop & back bracing is a good investment. One never knows :shock:

Doug... 8)
Doug,

Good point. I know Dad's Camaro was running 7.40's and 11.40's a few years ago and he really needs to put a roll bar in the car It does have frame connectors and a drive shaft loop behind the tranny yoke. We haven't had it to the track this year or last year. It's become another neglected dust collector :roll:

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts
Phantasea466 said:
Used to be 7.49 and 11.49......
+ 2 on being correct.

Seems strange that as strict as NHRA is on safety, they would back-pedal on the e.t. requirements on roll bars ( 1/4 mile only)

·
Registered
6,697 Posts

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Phantasea466 said:
Maybe I'm thinking IHRA that dropped the bar requirements to 11.39 or it could just be the local IHRA track rules :?: Anyway, you get the point :wink:

BTW: Mine is now certified to 8.50 in the 1/4 :shock: Not that it will see those kind of times anywhere in the near future :D
it might if it went out instead of UP! :lol:

·
Registered
545 Posts
ThndrChkn said:
Doug... 8)
Second that. Year before last, we had a wreck at the track. Firebird, running 7.60s @ 88 (1/8 mile). He broke a ladder bar front mount and in the lights, when he lifted, the bar dropped and flipped the car. If it hadn't been for the 8 point cage, he'd have been hurt bad. Car was destroyed, hit hard enough to tear the front subframe/engine/trans loose on the car. Cage protected the driver.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts