460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts
I was already set up to let my membership expire in July after 28 years in NHRA.
I never saw the sellout coming.
Hello IHRA

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
I think Wally Parks is trying to leave the sanction with somebody that will keep it going in the direction that he intended it to go. I know first hand that Bruton Smith (NASCAR) had been trying to get Wally to sell it to him in the last couple of years. Now you must understand the Wally is getting up there (one foot in the grave) and he's looking to hopefuly keep it going. but I don't think it was SOLD. there's a 25 year agereement right now and I think Tom Compton will have the upper hand in this when its said and done.

Ace

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lem Evans said:
I need to get me some of that.....learn how to make all that money and be non-profit :lol: :roll:
I think that basially the pro side of it was making so much NHRA couldnt stay non-profit and keep it going. From the way I read all the publicity hype is that NHRA as we know it will still sanction both pro and sportsman classes and NHRA Pro will be the financial back bone of the Pro classes and handle all the commercialization of the PRO classes. They wil be the ones making the dollars from the Pro classes. This might mean a new appearance of Ford in the Pro ranks. Everyone knows pitting brand against brand always makes money.

What I don't understand is how one body is going to be sanctioning and rule making while another will be doing the promoting or commercialzation. Seems the two would end up in a conflict.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah it does seem hard to believe with all the Sportsman racers that they would be Non-profit. Now that just means the corporation is non-profit but anyone can draw a huge salary from it! It is filling someone's pockets.

·
8,522 Posts
Monstermiler said:
Yeah it does seem hard to believe with all the Sportsman racers that they would be Non-profit. Now that just means the corporation is non-profit but anyone can draw a huge salary from it! It is filling someone's pockets.
Bingo :!:

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts
Monstermiler said:
+ 2 on that!

No way you could be non-profit for that long and as big as NHRA is without that "non-profit" cash going somewhere.

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts
I just read the article in National Dragster and from the way I understand it, only the 4 pro classes got sold.

NHRA still owns the sportsman ranks.

Makes me wonder how those 2 groups will split the gate money, concession cash, etc.

How do you run a national event and divide all the money?

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
NHRA

Lem Evans Said:
What I was referring to was that the article said "will remain a non-profit 501[c] corporation" .
Lem, you have seen what some of the salaries are for the bigwigs, haven't you? Doesn't take long to become a "nonprofit" with those numbers! :cry:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts