460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Awesome pics......

Alright, this ones got me. What's the purpose of this coilover in the below pics? Do you know Gary? Did you happen to get a good look at it?

·
Registered
360 Posts
Awesome Pictures Gary, thanks for posting them :!:

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
I looked at the pics on his site. That's a rocker shock setup for the front suspension. Pretty trick, not sure what it's advantage is over the conventional setup.....

·
Registered
360 Posts
jbozzelle said:
I looked at the pics on his site. That's a rocker shock setup for the front suspension. Pretty trick, not sure what it's advantage is over the conventional setup.....
Other than being set up for increased wheel travel which isn't needed on a drag car the only advantage would be vertical or chassis clearance. In the pictures it looks like the suspension has a type of 4 link bars tying the control arms in to the front of the chassis making it impossible to put the shocks in the standard location. Pretty trick set up

·
Registered
360 Posts
jbozzelle said:
Rob,

He could still have used a tripod setup mount. I'm curious as to why he went with that setup. Maybe Gary will find out and let us know. It's neat for sure!
John,

In the pictures it looks like the suspension has a type of 4 link bars tying the control arms in to the front of the chassis making a long very long upper and lower control arm, it would also make it impossible to put the shocks in the standard location. I found this picture on their web site, pretty trick set up

·
Registered
360 Posts

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
I got it figured out now. The longer "arm" of it probably lessens the hit on the front shocks?

Lots of ingenuity in that front end. Looks like he made the spindles too...

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
jbozzelle said:
I got it figured out now. The longer "arm" of it probably lessens the hit on the front shocks?

Lots of ingenuity in that front end. Looks like he made the spindles too...
They make all they're own stuff... you cant see it in the pic there, but the hemi powered colt they're working on is crazy... :shock:

·
Registered
360 Posts
GaryH said:
67stang1 said:
GaryH said:
The link won't work for me I get an error :(
What error? Try right clicking and save target..
This is the error, it must be our system here at work as I was able watch them at home, I like promod Mustang :!: 8) :!:

Technical Information (for support personnel)
Error Code: 502 Proxy Error. The request was rejected by the HTTP filter. Contact your ISA Server administrator. (12217)
IP Address: 10.66.1.10
Date: 2/1/2007 5:09:27 PM
Server: entusap008.affiniagroup.net
Source: web filter

1 - 18 of 18 Posts