460 Ford Forum banner

What did you think of NHRA's points race system?

• Liked it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hated it

• Don't care, just want to watch 'em race

• Total voters
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what everyone thought of NHRA's point race system that they tried this year. I also e-mailed NHRA to get them to run a poll on their web site and see what the members and fans thought of their system, will have to wait and see if they do.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
For all but 1 week, Melanie Troxel, would probably have been the champion. Had she not been "eliminated" in the final week before the final 4, her final 4 weeks showing and her year to dates points, she would have been the champion. Would they have run a little differnt if in contention? Perhaps, more cautious..... but, elimnating anyone based on a points threshold to count down the rest, doesn't make sense, when anyone who qualifies is able to race.

Same dumb idea in NASCAR. The initial thought process in NASCAR was to start the playoff with all cars at zero, so no-one could clinch 3 or 4 weeks early keeping suspense to the very last race of the year. But like anytime there is way, someone will figure out how to secure the title as early as possible.

Same deal with NHRA, the "count-down" was supposed to add some intensity to the program, instead of like years past where Force had it locked up 4 races from the end... even if he didn't show. Unfortunatly this year, what it did was eliminate someone from competition that could have added that drama........

·
Registered
902 Posts
I could say it was the stupidest thing Nhra could of come up with, but I'm sure they can top themselves! Did anybody believe any of the drivers, when they said they liked the new system?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts