460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Lookin' Good!!!

Sweet! Do the cops bother you about that hood? I had one about 4 inches tall here (VA) and they told me "Take it off or next time I see you, I'm giving you a ticket."

·
Registered
47 Posts
what mounts etc ya running and intake. I think you have about a 4 or 5 inch filter if ya run a 2 with a filter top I wonder what ya could get it to fit under for my own figuring.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Chuck Wolf said:
Very nice. Could you tell me what car the power steering pump bracket came out of?
The bracket is the 5.0 a/c eliminator bracket that came on the car when i bought it, i just drilled some new holes, used some bushings and new bolts/washers/nuts, etc. and made some braces on both sides to holf it in place. It works great.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ice-man said:
what mounts etc ya running and intake. I think you have about a 4 or 5 inch filter if ya run a 2 with a filter top I wonder what ya could get it to fit under for my own figuring.
Everyone on stangnet seems to hate my aircleaner so far, but screw them. Its a 5" falt base air cleaner, motor mounts are the ford racing 460 swap ones, intake is an edelbrock torker II.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Im interested in finding out what you had to do to run the tall valve covers and still have power brakes. I have the Same booster you have now. I am runnig some SCJ factory aluminum valve covers and the drivers side rubs the booster as it is now.

Thanks
Brad

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the compliments.

Coupe Devil said:
Im interested in finding out what you had to do to run the tall valve covers and still have power brakes. I have the Same booster you have now. I am runnig some SCJ factory aluminum valve covers and the drivers side rubs the booster as it is now.

Thanks
Brad
When the motor went in the car, i was worried about this also. As soon as i mocked it up, i saw i had a good 3/4 inch room clearance. I don't know why i have that much room, i guess its luck. I used the FRPP swap motor mounts. Left in the stock 5.0 K-member and brake booster too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts