1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
That's unbelievable. :lol:

·
Registered
277 Posts
Back years ago there was a station that sold racing fuel. I thought of the idea of driving a van over it with a door underneath to get to the filler cap, but never went thru with it. He probably got caught because he to a station more than once.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Mark, back in the bad old days, when gas was $0.299/gal, we did exactly that. 2 55 gal drums in the back of an old railway express van, hole in the floor, station closed @ 10:00PM. 10:30, parked over tank fill opening, reached down and removed cap, fed in 3/8 hose which was manifolded between both drums and intake manifold on the "Babbit Beater 6". Left engine idling, locked truck and walked 3 doors to "watering hole". 2:00AM, back to truck, pulled up hose, replaced cap and cover. Disconnected hose from manifold, opened throtle fully to clear flooded condition, drove away. Never tried it again. :twisted:

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
Chuck Stevens said:
Mark, back in the bad old days, when gas was $0.299/gal, we did exactly that. 2 55 gal drums in the back of an old railway express van, hole in the floor, station closed @ 10:00PM. 10:30, parked over tank fill opening, reached down and removed cap, fed in 3/8 hose which was manifolded between both drums and intake manifold on the "Babbitt Beater 6". Left engine idling, locked truck and walked 3 doors to "watering hole". 2:00AM, back to truck, pulled up hose, replaced cap and cover. Disconnected hose from manifold, opened throttle fully to clear flooded condition, drove away. Never tried it again. :twisted:
I don't know if I would have ever admitted to that. :lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts