460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have a nitrous/E-85 jet chart for different horsepower levels? I have a NOS Big Shot plate system and I'd like to change it around a bit but would like to have a nitrous/E-85 jet chart to do it with. We all know what happens if you guess wrong and go to lean. Thanks in advance!

·
Super Moderator
4,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'll go ahead an answer my own question. I called the NOS tech line (good for all Holley owned brands). They told me to multiply my gas fuel jet by 1.3 to get the jet needed for E-85. They also told me that I would need an Alcohol compatible fuel solenoid. I thought that the NOS Big Shot plate system fuel solenoid was already compatible but apparently not. Anyway I ordered one from Summit Racing for $141.95

I should be ready to dine on some Chebby this weekend. Wish me luck!!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Are you spraying e85 through system as an enrichment fuel? I also run e85 with a big shot plate but still run c12 through my nitrous side. Just curious would like to only pack one fuel just nobody around here runs it on nitrous side.

·
Super Moderator
4,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm E-85 only. I'm only going to hit it with a 200hp shot. I'm not going any higher (Well I may do a 250hp shot but that will be the limit). The motor is built for a bigger hit and I did run a 325hp shot when I was running Sunoco Turbo Blue race fuel (110 octane). The race fuel comes out of the ground at my local Mini-Mart 2 miles away from my home (Georgetown Indidana) but they want almost $6.00 a gallon. I can get E-85 here for $2.15 a gallon. Slightly lower octane but the motor has run just fine on it and I'm right around at 13:1 compression. I'm going to the track this Friday night. I'll let you know how it turns out. How big a shot do you run and what compression is your motor? I have done some research on this and the shot I plan to run will be just fine. I could go larger but I'm trying to be better safe than sorry. As you already know... These beasts are expensive to build. I'd hate to blow it up.....you know. AGAIN!! :)

·
Registered
120 Posts
Yes please let me know I am very interested, I hope to have my truck at races in two weekends and not gonna have much time to experiment. I have a 521 that is also close to 13 to 1.

·
Super Moderator
4,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I couldn't take it any longer and I could not wait for the track. I took the truck out this evening and with a full bottle of nitrous I WHACKED IT!!

It sounded like I had a little miss but it still ran like a raped ape. I was running a 93 nitrous jet and a 120 fuel jet with 12 degrees of retard. I think that is around a 250 shot. The motor was fine. I ran it all the way through 2nd gear and then got out of it. It pulled real hard. You can definitely tell when it is on the bottle. The motor has a higher pitch and it wraps up real quick.

Here is the funny part... The wife has never been in the thing. When I was pulling out she said that she wanted to go for a ride to. When I got back she said she is never getting in it again and called me crazy!! Yup.. It ran real good!! Now I need a beer. That was a rush! :D

·
Registered
536 Posts
That is funny with your wife lol. Im guessing you didnt warn her first. Did you ever get it to the track? I would try Yellowbullet.com for the nitrous/e85 set-up. Im really unfamiliar with it but someone on the nitrous section should be able to help you out. Being too rich is as bad as too lean.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts