460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's time to start planning for the 2007 NMRA event in Bowling Green KY October 4th through the 7th:

http://www.nmraracing.com/event7.php?id=info

Who's gonna be there?

Is there a prefered hotel/motel where we will stay i.e. Many of us reserved rooms at the super 8 during the BBF Bash.

We gonna have another dinner meeting on Saturday evening? What about Thursday and Friday evening?

I'll most likely drive down on Thursday to get teched in and settled in along with many of my friends locally and then hook up with all you BBF guys. Would be nice if we could organize one particular area where all the BBF Forum guys can pit together.

Charlie or Phillip, can you talk to the Beech Bend Track owners about roping off an area for the BBF guys?

I plan on racing the Open Comp class, depends on what hoops I have to jump through in order to join the NMRA just to run this one class.

Let's hear it folks, we have 2.5 months till the mini BBF Bash at Bowling Green :wink:

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
330 Posts
We will be there we go every year. Its not to hard to run there. You pay like 25 to join plus entry and they give you a sticker and your ready. Its not hard at all. I do it like 2 weeks before the event on-line and they send the stuff to my house to put on the car. We have went for the last 3 or 4 years. Always have a great time and like it better than running FFW although we run both. Open Comp class is pretty difficult but last few years it seems like the new guys do really well there. My first year got down to 3 cars got beat by the champ. Last year talked a good friend into going and he went to the finals had the guy covered just didn't dump it enough. But we will be there even if we cannot get the car running right. See you there. Also you should haul over to Bristol and run FFW MC. Were be there in August. Always a very nice place to race.

Doug Benton
OC/MC 9776

Doug

·
Registered
330 Posts
also do not forget you cannot run faster than a 9.10 1/4 time in NMRA. So make sure to keep it slower than that, and yes you do need your license to run that quick. I am going to be getting mine for IHRA its good enough they say.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I'll be there as well. Gonna have to save up until then to have enuff gas money to get there. It went up .30 yesterday. I'l prolly run bracket 2 or 3. I have as much fun cruising my car around town as I do running at the track. Myself and some other guys from Murray usually stay at motel 6, its cheap and we can always get a room. I think we should have a BBF section as well.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
941 Posts
Phantasea466 said:
Hmmmmmmm Looks like I'll have to get my License :roll: Mo' Money :x
Damon,

Just a heads up here.

The NMRA Tech card reads:

NHRA/IHRA License #_________

I know your home track is IHRA. Getting an IHRA license is much easier. No physical required until you hit the Pro ranks. Fill out the paper work and get some runs witnessed. Most likely the track operator and many racers at yoru track have seen you make numerous runs before and wouldn't have a problem signing it on the spot as witnesses. (hint, hint)

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
David Cole said:
Phantasea466 said:
Damon,

Just a heads up here.

The NMRA Tech card reads:

NHRA/IHRA License #_________

I know your home track is IHRA. Getting an IHRA license is much easier. No physical required until you hit the Pro ranks. Fill out the paper work and get some runs witnessed. Most likely the track operator and many racers at yoru track have seen you make numerous runs before and wouldn't have a problem signing it on the spot as witnesses. (hint, hint)
Good Call! I'll ask Joey at the track :wink:

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
330 Posts
I was going to say the same thing Dave, thats why I was going the IRHA route. Its the same as FFW also. I just hope to get my passes in before the first weekend of August or were going to have to slow this thing down most likely. If we can ever get the water pump in.

·
8,522 Posts
ky mustang said:
Phantasea466 said:
You have to go get a physical also to get your nhra license ........ So you better dig out another clean pair of panties :lol: .

http://www.nhra.com/contacts/forms.html
Charlie has a proctology degree....he'll sign off on your medical.....Oakley and Bobby Small will sign your driver card...come on down to "Windy" :D

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Lem Evans said:
ky mustang said:
Phantasea466 said:
You have to go get a physical also to get your nhra license ........ So you better dig out another clean pair of panties :lol: .

http://www.nhra.com/contacts/forms.html
Charlie has a proctology degree....he'll sign off on your medical.....Oakley and Bobby Small will sign your driver card...come on down to "Windy" :D
I can see ole Charlie now popping the finger on a latex glove and lubing it with assembly lube .... uh , I mean ky jelly :shock: . He would probably do a little porting also if needed :lol: :shock: and don't forget about the blindfold test :wink:

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
862 Posts
We will be there. Can't wait. I would like to make the crossville deal as well but we shall see. I also need to renew my NHRA license before BG too.

Keith Sherry

1 - 20 of 160 Posts