460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DblA and myself will be at both races. Stop by and say hello.

Who else is going ??

Mike

·
Registered
941 Posts
I'll be at the NMRA race as planned with my pipe rack. A buddy will be with me with his 69 Mustang. We should be there shortly after the gates open at noon.

Won't be able to make the FFW race though.

David Cole

·
Registered
194 Posts
David; will Ward's car be sporting the new strocker motor? I have not talked to him in a while and never have heard whether he got the engines swapped or not. I will not be coming to Reynolds this year but will be headed to Commerce next weekend for FFW, good luck this weekend.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Hi Bobby,

No, Ward's car will still have the 466 for this race. Just ran out of time for the 514. We prob could have gotten it in, but we didn't want to take it that far with 0 runs and any bugs to work out.

The car was gone for a while as well. Jim Roland had it doing some chassis updates. Ward is going to try Open Comp and needed some things to pass tech. Got rid of the flex steering cable and added a solid shaft w u joint, added a window net, door X brace bars, etc.

Are you guys going to run at FFW? Did Derrick get his license?

David Cole

·
Registered
169 Posts
NMRA

I'll check in at the Keyboard thru out the weekend. The video's and up to date results were Great deal, almost like watching it on ESPN!!!

·
Registered
194 Posts
No David we will not be carring the car even though it is ready and in the trailer. Derek did not get to try for his license because he had no time. He was lucky enough to sell his mobile home a couple of weeks ago and he and his wife, with others help, have been working like dogs every day moving stuff out of the trailer so the new owners can pick it up and move it. We finished moving stuff out last night. The mover is supposed to come in today and bolt trailer wheels back in place and will more than likely pull it away tomorrow sometime. Had it not been for the trailer we would have taken the car. I am just glad that Derek and family are going to be able to go to Commerce at all. I did finally get to talk to Ward yesterday afternoon and he told me about the new engine. He asked me to go to Reynolds with him today but I have other commitments. I hope that you guys have really good luck this time out.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Hey Mike,

It was great to see you again on Fri and Sat. It was good to meet Charlie as well. I hate you had to leave on Sat.

BTW, I won the bracket race in Pro on Sun. Car stayed dead on. Dialed 4.90-4.91 all day.

David Cole

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
David,

Congrats on your win !!!! Wish we could have stayed to run ya for the money.

Got car torn down on Sunday, found nothing . "HAT" setup is just off, we guess. Going to bolt the carb setup on for now, as we want to be in ATL for the FFW race. We'll know then whats going on with the car.

We'll try and see you in BG in Sept.

Congrats again, Mike

1 - 8 of 8 Posts