460 Ford Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well not a great day had a bad pass in class 3 but placed 6th overall. 125.00 bucks for 6th dang near paid for the hotel! Racing class 2 tomorrow morning then possible get in for the last round of Mickey Thompson Tough Trucks and try my luck!

Derrick

· Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I placed 1st in class 2 with a 2.785 time and .845 reaction time. If I had that pass in class 3 I would have placed 3rd! Overall We had a really good weekend and Kasey got some amazing pictures of the Tough Trucks , Monster trucks and Rail cars! They had two rail cars go threw the fence and one really nasty roll.... I will post up some pics later! Oh and the paper boy won class 6 with a 1.6 something time I always enjoy watching him run!

Derrick

· Premium Member
2,519 Posts
So they ran reaction times up there?? That would be awesome!! At Jamboree's in the past they have just allowed yo to go when yo wanted. This makes the driver factored in to the total equasion.

Derrick, you said your reaction was a .875 ? Maybe I'm thinking wrong but that's almost a second? Are they factoring in the tree's time also like our system run's a .40 tree so your reaction is added to that on some systems. Some give you Pure reaction. But I'm thinking.875 must have the tree added in??

A first at a national is something to be pretty proud of !! Are you coming to Indy for the years finals? That's always a good time. Not sure yet if we are going to get to go or not but sure going to try!!
Always a great time!

Look forward to the video's. Did you see Sam from my area there. They took a pretty fast little red (80's) shortbed(class 2 probably), and a blue buggy Class 3 and 4 I think.

See ya,

Jeffro

· Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I'm not sure about the tree but yes I wasn't very fast off the tree It has been a few months since I have ran a pro tree! The track was 140'-150' I believe... I would really like to go to indy but I prob wont be able to make it this year... I did see the red flat bed he was pretty quick and so was the blue buggy! Both of them beat me in class 3 but that was my bad pass of the weekend.

Derrick

· Premium Member
2,519 Posts
So Derrick did you beat the red flatbed in class 2 then? He should have raced against you I think? Yes I think a pro tree your reaction time would be slower for sure. Sportsman is what everyone has went to around here. Lets you time it a little easier.

Jeffro

· Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm not sure on this but I think the red flat bed broke on Sat. He got pulled back to the trailer and I didn't see him on sunday. But my best time Sun was better than his best time Sat. The track didn't change from one day to the next just enough water to keep the dust down!:D

Derrick

· Premium Member
2,519 Posts
That truck usually only breaks engine parts, it's got all good poop in the drive train!

Derrick did you happen to see any of the mud bogging? Sounds interesting! Running for trophies, no entry fee and it's a daily event!!

I think it was on the schedule for Rochester! Just wondering how interesting it was. Indy will probably be our last race so we were going to drag on friday and bog Sat and Sunday!

Jeffro

· Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

· Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
That truck usually only breaks engine parts, it's got all good poop in the drive train!

Derrick did you happen to see any of the mud bogging? Sounds interesting! Running for trophies, no entry fee and it's a daily event!!

I think it was on the schedule for Rochester! Just wondering how interesting it was. Indy will probably be our last race so we were going to drag on friday and bog Sat and Sunday!

Jeffro

Jeff they didn't have a bog in Rochester but they did have some fun runs on sunday. I really would like to go to indy it sounds like a blast but I don't think I can get off work for it.....

Derrick

· Premium Member
2,519 Posts
Wow ! Kasey isn't only a high flying race truck driver, but a professional photographer, and a supermodel too!!:D

In years past I have taken a ton of still photo's but hers are great!! I'm guessing a 35mm digital with a hi-powered lens? Really good shots!

Too bad they didn't have the bogs. I'll keep in touch. We are not sure for Indy either but sometimes things just fall into place.

If it worked out you guys could drive here stay the night and we could wagon train the six hours together from here. On the way back if you should choose to stay over your welcome also. Only problem is, that it is so hard to get that many days off work, but if you can, and we can, it will sure to be a good time? Do you guys travel with a motor home or stay in motels? this distance a motel would probably be money well spent!

See ya,

Jeffro

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.