460 Ford Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not going to get to the question that people seem to want to argue about 460 interceptors and regular 460s and police 460s or taxi 460, blah blah blah. I have a stock 460 1977 two door LTD LANDAU owned by my high school English teacher and her highway patrolman husband. Some of the indicators point to it being a "interceptor quote. Such as it has the 145 mph Certified Calibration speedometer-factory,super heavy brakes, factory dual exhaust, a factory electric fuel pump, a gigantic Holley-Autolite four barrel carburetor, , And a B code on the emissions sticker which indicates a high emissions vehicle. That comes straight from a Ford PDF on their emissions test for the year. As for my teacher and her husband , At ON e time they had three of them. Before she passed she gave me this one. I have it sitting in my yard and I can't get the bolts out of the freaking weak starter. They are seized. I have an idea how I to get them out using a welder or a torch. However I am unable to do so. If anyone would like to work on a Ford 460 "interceptor", feel free to come by my place in Oklahoma and work to your little hearts content. It's been sitting for a very long time engine is free I just need to know if it will start. Anyone?
The above question is my actual question. Does anyone have any idea how to get that freaking starter bolt out? Or would anyone like to come by and look at my treasure and casually remove the boat for me? Lol please and thank you sincerely, Dr. Butterfield.

·
Registered
438 Posts
HI, Just stating are you sure your turning the bolts the right way.. when under the car its easy to get confused on direction..
good luck
tim

1 - 3 of 3 Posts