460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got my new converter today and want to put the trans in and guess what this converter is the rong size again :evil: This time it's my falt I didn't know that C4's came with a 31 spline shaft :oops: I told the guy at ATI I had a fully built PA C4 and we both thought it was a 26 spine shaft . I just think someone doesn't want me to race next weekend !!! I'm still going but no racing for me :(

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Sorry to hear the bad news Lew, I hav'nt had to much luck either but my problem isn't like yours. I had some issues w/my fiberglass doors cracking because my car flex's so bad at launch. So I fixed the doors and now I can't get the paint to match the rest of the car, it's close but not close enough. I will wait until I get home from the Bash and paint the whole car.Hope you can come to watch though,I'm looking forward to meeting ya'll. Rick

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Nitro Lew said:
Well I got my new converter today and want to put the trans in and guess what this converter is the rong size again :evil: This time it's my falt I didn't know that C4's came with a 31 spline shaft :oops: I told the guy at ATI I had a fully built PA C4 and we both thought it was a 26 spine shaft . I just think someone doesn't want me to race next weekend !!! I'm still going but no racing for me :(
Well i'm curious now what you have. All c4 do have a 26 spline shaft.. What input shaft do you have. Sounds a little like a dynamic?? C6 input shaft conversion maybe ????

S

·
0 Posts
gregaust said:
Nitro Lew said:
Well i'm curious now what you have. All c4 do have a 26 spline shaft.. What input shaft do you have. Sounds a little like a dynamic?? C6 input shaft conversion maybe ????
Hey Greg! How's the land down under? :D What spline is a C-6 converter?? I use a C-6 converter in my C-4 tranny..

Spline adapter.. http://www.performanceautomatic.com/parts_c4.htm

See Ya!

S

·
0 Posts
I have a pan fill shaft.. If ya want to use it.. Their pretty stout.. in stock form..

See ya!

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
gregaust said:
Nitro Lew said:
The shaft is a 31 spline and my C6 converter goes right on but the small part of the shaft is differant then the C6 converter .

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Hey all good down here ... Thats weird. I wonder what the spline is for.The large spline on the stator support is same for C4 + C6 ..

·
Registered
862 Posts
Hey Lew,

We have a 4200 stall converter from PTC that came out of our PA C-4 Super comp. Dad can bring it with him from FL. to the bash if you need one that bad!!!!! He'll probably make you a really good deal on it if you want. It was behind our 525 but no where near big enough for our 572 :lol: He is coming up Tuesday night so let me know!!

Keith

·
Premium Member
1,733 Posts
Kieth.

Got my engine in about 2:30 this morning finishing up today, May go to huntsville this weekend.

Blake

·
Registered
862 Posts
Sweet!!!! Get that thing to the track so we can kick Damon's ***!!!! We may have him taking that glide out and figuring something else out!! He is in BIG trouble x2!! :lol:

Keith

·
Premium Member
1,733 Posts
Got my big tube headers on also with a small amount of tweeking. But the collector are hanging lower than I like , but it will be fine..............

Blake

·
Registered
518 Posts
$

Lew are you near Evansville, IN? Contact Champ Converters, they may be able to change the splines for you in short notice. When I get to the shop, I will add contact information to this post.

Has the input shaft been changed. I'm not sure about the splines just yet, I thought the C4 shafts were 24 and 26 splines.

I will get back with more information in a bit.

Dave.

I'm back!
The C6 uses a 31 spline shaft. Can you replace the big shaft with the small shaft? What is the spline at the pump end?

Call Champ Converters in Evansville,IN. Talk with Kurt. 812-424-2602

Kurt (Champ Converters) built the converter I use in my '68 Mustang with FE/C4 combination. Kurt went out of his way to correct a converter/transmission depth issue, and corrected it while I waited! Like previously mentioned, I too built a C6 converter for the FE to help with re-sale. I use a spline adapter from Jim Paquet (JPT, Eaton rapids, MI) to use the C4 shaft with the C6 converter spline. It all works great.....so far!

Good luck, and don't give up yet, you have a week!

Dave.

·
Registered
871 Posts
The c-4's are 24 & 26 spline, someone screwed up somewhere, I'm not trying to be a ***, but you are putting the shaft in right, aren't you? I have a 4800 stall, 1.375 pilot 11 7/16 bolt pattern you can use it or I will sell it to you cheap, anything to help.

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
Lew,

If you want to use my converter your are more than welcome to come get it and see if it works. It was originally build for a C6 but I had it in front of my C4 with the adapter that Dave is talking about.

Give me a call and let me know, I'll meet you at my shop.

Keith........ I got something special for you :mrgreen:

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I just don't have the time to get it finished in time . If the trans want in this weekend then I would have had enough time to get the new header tubes made as long as I dropped the car off Monday . Now it will be atleast 3 days before I get the converters back and in the car . Everything that I have read says that C4's only have 26 spline so I have no idea why mine is a 31 spline ??? I'll post more about it after I talk to PA Monday .

1 - 17 of 17 Posts