460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Oh, that is a wild little truck!!

I saw him run that thing at St. Thomas Dragway around 10 or 15 years ago, what a show!!:D

It takes some big ol nutz to drive that:eek:

Bill

·
Registered
112 Posts
That one won't go cheap, some of drag racing history at it's finest.

Somebody will be a proud owner.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I've had the pleasure to see that thing in action a few times...what a ride.
I can only hope that the person that ends up with it appreciates what he/she has...Long live the Little Red Wagon.:cool::cool:

·
Registered
2,013 Posts

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Was there ever a Ford Econoline Pick Up wheelstander built? A nice 427 SOHC would have been some good competition.

Bill

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
I watched it run in 1965 at manassas va. 1/8 mi. track and he crashed it in the gardrail at the finch line. Ive got a 1961 econoline pickup with BBF 466 2x3 frame narrowed 9" coilovers ladder bars.
yes there was a lot econolie puickup wheelstanders

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
I watched it run in 1965 at manassas va. 1/8 mi. track and he crashed it in the gardrail at the finch line. Ive got a 1961 econoline pickup with BBF 466 2x3 frame narrowed 9" coilovers ladder bars.
yes there was a lot econolie puickup wheelstanders
Any pics?? edit: sorry, found the spot http://460ford.com/forum/showthread.php?t=130535

Sorry for the major hijack...:(

I might have to do some shoppin, those look like a cool project.

Bill

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
it is, kinda. chevy powered unfortunately 454/littlefield blower, enderle injection
the chassiz is actually an oliver tractor rear and trans behind the engine which is mounted right behind the cab.
Wow, thats a strange combo.:confused:

Bill

·
Registered
379 Posts
I just sold my 61 econoline pickup and it had the rare wrap around windows damn i kinda miss it....it was one of those some day projects....I was hopin for that new aluminum cleveland block (im sure some of you know about) and an 8-71 to top her off.....=(((( sad now that i think about it more...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts