460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I had the tranny leak figured out, so I was putting in the tranny cooler line adapter and found out that the transmission case is cracked through the rear cooler line hole. Cleaned the area good and installed the adapter with some 515 sealer and an O-ring and washer. Tightened up the line and wadded on some JB weld and prayed. Got to the races and everything was looking good. 4 hours later my class was ready to go, so fired up the truck and the leak was very minimal, checked out all the litle stuff, set the timing and pulled up to the line. Light went green, mashed the go pedal and whipped the tar out of the other guy. End of the track, truck died. Got out popped the hood and I had put a hole in the rad that I could almost put a pinky finger in. Pulled it back to where I was pitted at and wadded some mud in the hole and sealed it up, reloaded the coolant, checked the tranny. All was OK so went around for round two. I drew the other lane and HOLY CHIT what a mess:eek:. There were two gaping big holes in the track right out the door. It was bad, so we got up and decided fly or die. Hit the loud pedal and got slammed up and down and back and forth a couple of times. Got beat and came around to do it again. Darn bad luck, drew the nasty lane again and tried a different line, same result, flying off the walls in the cab again. Beat again, came back to load the truck and the tranny patch wasn't holding anymore, loaded and came home. No good luck again today, but at least we had fun.:cool: Hope the bad luck can go to some chebbie guy for awhile.:mad:

·
Premium Member
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh it's gonna get fixed soon. I leave for Sturgis Bike Week in just a few weeks. I want the bugs worked out before I haul it 500+ miles to run a two day event. ;)

·
Premium Member
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry to hear about your bad luck, hope you get all the bugs out of it for sturgis.
Me too, hope you can make it down and have fun with us.:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts