460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saved it from going to the crusher. Went this evening to check out this 88 Turbo coupe I have been hearing about at work. Turns out it's really an 87. The guy wanted to get rid of it minus the 351W and tranny. Been sitting under a tree for a couple of years. Only real body damage is right rear wheel opening from meeting a deer and left front fender opening from someone not knowing how to roll a fender lip. No major rust to speak of only minor on hood from a carb fire. Interior is in good shape. Needs some serious elbow grease. Now how to I explain to the girlfriend why I dragged such an ugly looking thing home.
More pics here.
http://www.supermotors.net/vehicles/registry/16195/54733
Plus he has a Cougar and 2 Mark VII waiting to be hauled off if someone wants one.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I have figured one excuse. "Darling you know those extra 460 motor you complain about me having. Well consider the Thunderbird as an storage spot for one."

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Yeah............ Ttell her that and get back to us......... Something tells me she won't be thrilled....... Maybe surprised, not good surprised, but surprised nonetheless!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
65 fastback said:
Sometimes it's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission! :lol:
Not sometimes.....ALWAYS. I think the problem is that you haven't done this often enough. After a while, she'll just roll her eyes :roll: and say, "Whatever! I'm going shopping." Then you'll know you're home free. :lol:

By the way, if there's any rust at all on that thing, it'll be in the bottom of the rear window channel, just above the decklid. Cool project for a bigblock, though. 8)

·
Registered
495 Posts
if you build it and let her drive it, she will be hooked.I let my wife drive my car"with me in it" and she grins ear to ear.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Monstermiler said:
Not yet but she did ask me if all the bills were paid ! :shock:
That's just because she's wondering if you pissed away a house payment or something like that. Now here's how it works: You gotta get her conditioned to go out and have a good time (lunch with her girlfriends, shopping, pedicures, etc.) every time you do something like this. That way, the score is always EVEN.......You have fun, she has fun. You spent money, she spent money. The arguments will be much shorter that way. Pretty soon, she'll automatically associate your hobby with a :lol: good time.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Maverick said:
Monstermiler said:
Not yet but she did ask me if all the bills were paid ! :shock:
That's just because she's wondering if you pissed away a house payment or something like that. Now here's how it works: You gotta get her conditioned to go out and have a good time (lunch with her girlfriends, shopping, pedicures, etc.) every time you do something like this. That way, the score is always EVEN.......You have fun, she has fun. You spent money, she spent money. The arguments will be much shorter that way. Pretty soon, she'll automatically associate your hobby with a :lol: good time.
Oh like Pavlov's dog! Nah that don't work for her she aint into that frilly stuff.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
heck my old lady used to get mad when i would brin home a heap but i think she gave now and she said as long as i can turn arouind in the drive way i dont care.
but needless to say she still cant turn around so now she makes me back her car in so she dont have to turn around :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts