460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I will say it was a great experience overall. It started out a little rough. We(FordTek1& myself) got a late start Wednesday. Then I had two blow outs on my trailer. We had to spend the night in Winston Salem & got up and bought 4 new tires. Then 13 hrs later we were at Windy Hollow. It was great getting to meet & hang out with everybody. Even got a tour of Charlie's work place Thursday night. Rick & I pulled out yesterday morning at 5:30AM(CST) & drove straight through. I got home about 10:15PM(EST). Whew what a long day!!!! Now I just added up all of my credit card receipts.....OUCH!!! But it was worth it... :D

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Joe, it was great getting to meet & talk to you for a few minutes in the staging lanes. I wanted to get over later & talk with you more & get a good look at your car. It looks even better in person than in pics(It looks damn good in pics!!). I just saw Doug Rahn's video of your car. Sweet!!!!

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Joe, You and your dad have a beautiful car. I thought the top side looked awesome until I peeked underneath. Very detailed ride!

Chris, I never got to talk to you or rick. Heck, there were a bunch of people I didn't talk to. Maybe next year we'll all have to stand up and say our names while we're eating the Texas Roadhouse grub...

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
John, I hate I missed you at the bash. Rick & I were heading over to get a few crayfish but everytime we would run in to somebody& it would turn into a conversation & a trip back to the cooler.I haven't had any crayfish since I was i New Orleans back in 93 at a place off of Bourbon St. called Johnny White's. Needless to say I had drank MANY beers & a few Hand Grenades that day.

Bobby, I had a great time getting to BS with you. Wish we could have done a little more & had a few more cold ones. How was the trip back to Mass. ? I was just a little tired when I got home after a 16 hr tow !!!! I know you were hurting!! By the way, you have a bad a$$ 71 fastback. It's nice to see that body style. You just don't see them alot anymore.

Damon, you were definitely the man on the go. Everytime I went by your pit, you were gone. At least I got to talk to Blake & Chuck. Super nice guys by the way..If you want to use the 4 link program just let me know & I will UPS it to you. So now do you believe me when I said you were building a monster & weren't going to have a problem rumnning 9's? Other than massive ,parts destroying wheelstands you were there!!!! :lol:

KY Mustang, It was nice meeting you even though I caught you as you were heading for the staging lanes. You have that 466 flying!!! I was impressed.

Also have to say I had a great time hanging out with Buddy Thomas & Mark Johnson. Mark's T-Bird is just plain cool & flat out fast. They also introduced me to David Willingham. David is real nice guy & just from the little bit I talked to him, a very smart man. David , I really enjoyed our conversation.

Actually I enjoyed meeting & talking to everybody. It was definitely worth the long tow & BIG gas bill. My dually hasn't met a gas station that it doesn't like yet!!! :lol:

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Man I almost forgot. Rob it was great finally getting to meet you after talking on the phone. Your car is BAD A$$!! Now you just need a pro mod chassis for that pro mod motor!!! :lol:

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts