460 Ford Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems,...like there are a few different flywheels that have different number of teeth ?
I need a starter so I need to know the tooth count.
Also, what size is the clutch ?

I have a brand new billet steel fly and a dual disk clutch for an FE. I don't suppose they'd work on the 460 ?

·
Registered
207 Posts
It seems,...like there are a few different flywheels that have different number of teeth ?
I need a starter so I need to know the tooth count.
Also, what size is the clutch ?

I have a brand new billet steel fly and a dual disk clutch for an FE. I don't suppose they'd work on the 460 ?
dont know about fe. i think i counted teeth and called summit. they got a starter that worked. i shoulda made notes !!

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
lol, its not just the tooth count, there are 2 diff bells that fit the 429 and 460 in the early days, In order to help you what tooth count do you have now,and which bel lhousing are you trying to use?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol, its not just the tooth count, there are 2 diff bells that fit the 429 and 460 in the early days, In order to help you what tooth count do you have now,and which bel lhousing are you trying to use?
I don't have the fly or bell for the 460, but I do the FE.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
fe bell wont fit a 460,or 429

you have which for the fe?

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
I know, all I meant was I have a Quick Time bell for my FE, but I need one for the 460.
How do I find out which 460 bell I need, the date code on the block ?

there are 2 bells mainly, scj/cj BOSS 429 and 351m 400 bell, either will fit, but both use a diff wheel. , when you find a bell let me know ,and ill explain the wheels diffs

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
there are 2 bells mainly, scj/cj BOSS 429 and 351m 400 bell, either will fit, but both use a diff wheel. , when you find a bell let me know ,and ill explain the wheels diffs
This question will be a nieve or stupid, but what does ''wheels diffs'' mean ? 🙄

·
Registered
281 Posts
For the 385 series to T56 I believe the only difference between the two Quick Time bellhousings is on one the clutch fork opening is at 7 o’clock and the other is at 9 o’clock. This is from memory

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
For the 385 series to T56 I believe the only difference between the two Quick Time bellhousings is on one the clutch fork opening is at 7 o’clock and the other is at 9 o’clock. This is from memory
(is that AM or PM) 🤣 I Hum...my FE is 9:00, I know about the 460 ?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
How do I find out ?
Also, I believe it's not only fits the T56, but also the TKO, unless I'm mistaking.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
How do I find out ?
Also, I believe it's not only fits the T56, but also the TKO, unless I'm mistaking.
Ok, got her fingered out.

The RM-8010SFI... ''SFI'' is racing approved.
The RM-8010 is NOT racing approved. (PLEASE,..no matter what you own, buy the SFI. A friend in high school lost his right foot when the steel flywheel broke and went through the floorboard. SPEND THE MONEY. 👍

• Quick Time Bellhousings are the most accurate bellhousings available due to our unique manufacturing processes
  • QuickTime cones are spun, not rolled or stamped. This allows Quick Time Bellhousings to be the most dimensionally stable Bellhousings available
  • Built from high grade steel – Work hardens to over 80,000 PSI strength. Over two times the strength of other steel bellhousings
  • 100% built in the USA
  • More...
Part# RM-8010

• Quick Time Bellhousings are the most accurate bellhousings available due to our unique manufacturing processes
  • QuickTime cones are spun, not rolled or stamped. This allows Quick Time Bellhousings to be the most dimensionally stable Bellhousings available
  • Built from high grade steel – Work hardens to over 80,000 PSI strength. Over two times the strength of other steel bellhousings
  • 100% built in the USA
  • More...
Part# RM-8010SFI

·
Registered
281 Posts
Ok, got her fingered out.

The RM-8010SFI... ''SFI'' is racing approved.
The RM-8010 is NOT racing approved. (PLEASE,..no matter what you own, buy the SFI. A friend in high school lost his right foot when the steel flywheel broke and went through the floorboard. SPEND THE MONEY. 👍

• 100% built in the USA
  • More...
Part# RM-8010

• 100% built in the USA
  • More...
Part# RM-8010SFI
And thats how misinformation gets spread!!!
The RM8010 is for a T-5, TKO, TKX not a T-56.
The RM8050-7 is for a T-56 with a 7 o'clock clutch fork position and its SFI.
The RM8050-9 is for a T-56 with a 9 o'clock clutch fork position and its SFI.
Also i beleive that the one of them was specifically designed to be used with the factory Ford T-56 like from a 03/04 mustang cobra instead of an aftermarket unit like a Magnum. In all honesty that information was rattling around fresh in my brain many beers ago.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Also Quick Time made or makes the RM8051 which is used with a GM T-56 or a Viper T-56.
Also Quick Time made or makes the RM8051 which is used with a GM T-56 or a Viper T-56.
And thats how misinformation gets spread!!!
The RM8010 is for a T-5, TKO, TKX not a T-56.
The RM8050-7 is for a T-56 with a 7 o'clock clutch fork position and its SFI.
The RM8050-9 is for a T-56 with a 9 o'clock clutch fork position and its SFI.
Also i beleive that the one of them was specifically designed to be used with the factory Ford T-56 like from a 03/04 mustang cobra instead of an aftermarket unit like a Magnum. In all honesty that information was rattling around fresh in my brain many beers ago.
My misinformation ?

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
This question will be a nieve or stupid, but what does ''wheels diffs'' mean ? 🙄

not a stupid question, your good

I want to know which bell you wind up with to let you know which wheel to use

for exp 351 m 400 truck bell you need a 184 tooth 390 fe flywheel

for scj cj,or BOSS 429 bell you will need a 176 tooth bell

either will use the same starter, block saver plates are diff

If you use a lake wood you again need the 184 tooth wheel

I didnt want to throw out a bunch of info, and mess you up

1 - 20 of 32 Posts