460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanting to brush up on some of the idiosyncracies of the 5.0 roller combos.

Building a 347 and want to retain the factory EFI but still make the power.

:D

·
Registered
110 Posts
For control of the EFI you may want to look at the Tweecer. When I bought mine it gave you the most control of the factory computer settings. There was one heck of a learning curve to get over, but mine works for me. There may be more user friendly applications out there now at or around the same price.

It has been a while, but the corral.net seemed to be where I spent most of my time. It seemed to me to have more people and information dealing with street cars on it. There are a couple other realy good ones like hardcore50 that seemed to be more geared toward max effort and race application.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I'm one of the owners of Hardcore50. We are actually more of a street/strip website currently, but still have some members that are more full race oriented. I hope I have stepped on any rules with this post.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Congrats on the ride !

I have a 85 gt 350 ,a 86 convertable and a 93 4 banger that all your great information on the 385 series engine will be put to use on the 93!!

May I commend you on the choice of a fox body !!!

Great cars...with a little help of course .

Hope you find all the info you need !

·
Registered
211 Posts
It doesnt take much with these to a point,my coupe goes 108-110 with ported big valved 289 heads milled to 50cc(we did three sets of these and the other two cars that the other two sets are on, drive away from mine but I actually drive mine alot so it's alot tamer than the other two),bcam 224/480,ported performer efi intake(go bigger for 347 for sure) flat tops 010 down,30lbers,70mmtb,pro-m mas air meter. Short block is stout good cranks,hbeams,and light pistons,studded top and bottom. Has a dry kit that I use like it's free is why I built the short block stout,no idea how fast on the sauce. Get alot of grief about the combo but it's a light car, 0 option 87 5spd(g-force guts) coupe w/3.73s....22mpg on the freeway....around here,theres alot of farm roads so prob single digits what can I say. Ran it for a few yrs without a tune with 24lbers and it was fine used 93 cobra ecm and the pro m meter, switched to the 30s and an afm pms when I put the dry kit on it. I have a trick flow street intake I'm gonna try here pretty soon just to see how it compares to the ported performer I have on the car. Have you allready started the build??I have a friend in longview that has a few mexican blocks that are just collecting dust, I'm sure I could talk him out of one of them for a cpl bucks.
Good luck,
Jr.

·
Registered
82 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts