460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well last night we pulled in Oconto WI ...
We had 15 Super stock trucks and 11 Mod trucks with 3 of those being Real 650 CID Alcohol injected one run only NTPA Modified Trucks.

I placed 3rd in Super Stock with the run turning 7500 RPM's with a flash off the line too 8200 RPM's.
I think I found the gear range I'll be running this year. I could have been just a half gear higher for Super and I might have gotten that little bit more I need to get to the end with the big Boys But 3rd was a good showing for ShaZam considering the Trucks we had there last night.

Now for Mod .. which for me is just changing too Bar tires and going out and having some more FUN...

I left the same gear in there and to my surprise it pulled really good ... I was the 5th puller to leave the line and I rolled it out for about 15' then put the go fast peddle down and let the motor get down to business..
ShaZam came up to 7800 Rpm's and seeing I was like Surging as I went down the track the Rpm's floated from 7200 too 7800 down the track.. When Mean Green finally hit me with the last stage I was sitting in 2nd place with a run of 291.7'.. I felt good but there where still 6 trucks to come and 3 of those where the Real Modified Trucks...

So I took my stand at the fence next to my Dad( he's my spotter )to keep track of where my wheels had stopped...

Next Truck up was one of those real NTPA Mod Trucks Call Playing Hookey .. He left the line and never looked back .. pulled it 315.5'.. OK I'm now 3rd and I was OK with that and that's where I finished the night ... SO I had a really good night considering the competition that was there ..

Once I get time I'll post the video's of the pulls ....
Tonight I'm heading to Bear Creek WI for a P.I. pull ....

Well post results Sunday morning....

ShaZam

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well the Bear Creek pull was good .. I placed 6th out of 11 trucks ...

Shazam Left the line and came up too 7800 Rpm's and pretty much held it there the whole pull .. I was happy with my 315.97' pull but felt I could have done better had I had a 950 gear in instead of the 1000 I was running.
It wasn't till after I pulled that the sled operator decided that 325' was the Full pull mark...
Needless to say I was really pissed and voiced my displeasure about it to the sled operator .

Rumor has it if you piss him off you only seem to make it too the 280' mark the rest of the year.... We'll see if I made him made at me or not ..

ShaZam

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
TRUKPULR said:
Rumor has it if you piss him off you only seem to make it too the 280' mark the rest of the year...ShaZam
Just out of curiousity, can you continue to pull well beyond the 'full pull' mark, so it's obvious?

Wow, your engine sounds real strong! Nice truck!

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well I got my 950 gears today ... I'll be using them on Saturdays pull at Suring..
Friday night I'll be pulling in Iron River MI .. they have a Clay sand mix that they use to have there Rodeo's on ...that they plow a track into .. so I'll be running my 1200 Gear there ... last year I ran my 1000 gear and finished 6th .. hoping to do better this year ....

Well keep you all posted ..

So far this motor that Lem and Charlie Sold me the parts for .. Rocks

ShaZam

·
Registered
6,697 Posts

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
6,697 Posts

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
This weekends Pulls..

Well I got my 950 gears today ... I'll be using them on Saturdays pull at Suring..
Friday night I'll be pulling in Iron River MI .. they have a Clay sand mix that they use to have there Rodeo's on ...that they plow a track into .. so I'll be running my 1200 Gear there ... last year I ran my 1000 gear and finished 6th .. hoping to do better this year ....

Well keep you all posted ..

So far this motor that Lem and Charlie Sold me the parts for .. Rocks

ShaZam
OK I put the 1200 Gear in For Iron River turned 8400 Rpm's in Super Stock and Finished in 4th place .. left the 1200 gear in there for Mod and turned 8200 and finished 3rd place ... So I did better then I did last years and learned lots about gearing.

Suring I was going to put my 950 gear in but after looking at the track I changed too a 800 instead.. the crew there really did a good job with the track ...And it was taking a lot of horsepower to make it out the end.
In Super Stock I turned 7800 Rpm's and took 1st place. and only changed tires for Mod.
I rolled ShaZam out to about the 50' mark and really took my time with the go fast peddle and ShaZam really hooked to the track in that class, I broke the ring and pinion at the very end of the track Turning 7200 Rpm's.
Had I not broke the ring and pinion I may have gotten another foot.
I was tied for 2nd place but seeing I broke I ended up with 3rd.

ShaZam

Here's the link..

http://www.zippyvideos.com/7638986955396836/iron_river_suring/

1 - 20 of 20 Posts