460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This will be our first time out with the new cog so we're anxious to see what it will bring. Hopefully it will hook and not be too ridiculous to drive. The weather report earlier in the thweek was just perfect... sunny and 80˚ but it's gradually changed to colder and colder temperatures. Now we're looking at isolated showers and 48˚ for a high.

Are they sure about the global warming thing? I'm thinking more likely another ice age.

I'll try and provide an update tomorrow!

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Good luck, Brock. Be safe.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was cold this morning but not as bad as the temperatures that were being called for. It was 51˚ instead of 48˚. By 12AM not one S/P car had made a pass. Most of the Semi/Pro cars were having trouble with traction so I walked the starting line to check it out and it seemed pretty decent. We got the car ready for our first TT and went out and ran a decent 1.057 60' and 4.917. There was a fair amount of wheelspin based on the logger data. The good thing was we didn't blow the tires off and the car went straight!

Eliminations were supposed to start at 1PM but sure enough it started to drizzle. We went up to the tower to talk to the track operator and look at the radar and it was bad, the weather was not going to improve so the race was called. Hopefully we'll get some good weather for next weekend.

·
Registered
457 Posts
sounds like that thing is really gonna fly when u get the tire spin eliminated :) good luck with the weather:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts