1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #41

·
Registered
86 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
This is an article on building a 529 h.p. 460 ford.

BLUE THUNDER 460 FORD.
Car Craft magazine may 2001.
this was the ford build up from the "Big block show down" series.
All the engines(FORD-CHEVY-OLDS-PONTIAC-and MOPAR) had the same cam
and edelbrock heads.
http://www.compcams.com/Community/Articles/Details.asp?ID=-1501578163
here is the link to the show down article.click on the "more photos" bar
and you will see a pic of each engine and its out-put.
http://www.carcraft.com/techarticles/big_block_engines/index.html

·
Registered
157 Posts
Popular Hot rodding Online article ... Not sure of date of Publication

When it's possible to crack 775 hp with a pump gas 532ci Ford using plebian off-the-shelf components for $9,600,

While surfing the 'Net, I came across this article, thougt it might be worth posting. I was intrigued by the fact it has good things to say about the LIMA, without too much sugar coating, 2.) the build wasn't something that requires a bunch of exotic parts. 3.) with a few working brain-cells, a decent tool box, some common measurement tools, time, a judicious shopping skills - a working-class guy could "assemble" a 750 hp engine by following the 'recipe' listed.

Not overly fond of 'recipe' engines .... used to be my biggest complaint against the Brand "X" crowd - few of them knew what they were building, they just did the "lemming march" and followed the leaders. Well, I've kind'a gotten over that lil' prejudice and can see where it can be a big help to home builder, if for no other reason than a "jumping off point". On a good day, you might even be able to match this engine build with a "crate engine" - not as much fun, but that a whole 'nother story.

http://www.popularhotrodding.com/tech/0906phr_big_block_ford_engine/index.html

·
Registered
9 Posts
When it's possible to crack 775 hp with a pump gas 532ci Ford using plebian off-the-shelf components for $9,600,

While surfing the 'Net, I came across this article, thougt it might be worth posting. I was intrigued by the fact it has good things to say about the LIMA, without too much sugar coating, 2.) the build wasn't something that requires a bunch of exotic parts. 3.) with a few working brain-cells, a decent tool box, some common measurement tools, time, a judicious shopping skills - a working-class guy could "assemble" a 750 hp engine by following the 'recipe' listed.

Not overly fond of 'recipe' engines .... used to be my biggest complaint against the Brand "X" crowd - few of them knew what they were building, they just did the "lemming march" and followed the leaders. Well, I've kind'a gotten over that lil' prejudice and can see where it can be a big help to home builder, if for no other reason than a "jumping off point". On a good day, you might even be able to match this engine build with a "crate engine" - not as much fun, but that a whole 'nother story.

http://www.popularhotrodding.com/tech/0906phr_big_block_ford_engine/index.html

. it's an excellent article. i was just getting ready to post it, till i read through the old posts. that thing is a monster and is still pretty tame compared to some of the combos i've seen those guys put together. both have put together some pump gas killers in engine masters. and they are great guys on top of it.

·
Premium Member
5,231 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #53 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,310 Posts

I forgot all about this thread.

This is the article I was looking for the other day. It was right here if I had remimbered.

G-

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Hot Rod Magazine Article......600" Ford ?????

Help......I know someone here collects Hot Rod Magazines. I had one for yrs. Must have got lost in the 3 house moves over 4 yrs. Can't believe I can't find the damn thing.

It was a 598-604" BBF with C-460 heads on it, 16:1 compression it made a bit over 1,000 hp with a single Domi and then they put a T/R on it and I think it made about 100 hp more at 7,600 or so. Does anyone have that magazine that they can copy and post the article.

If I recall it's at least 12 yrs old I believe the cover had a '55 Chevy on it with a Hot Blond model.

Thanks if you have the mag.

G-Code

Jon

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #57

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #58

·