460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a new fuel system into my fox and when Iparked it I had 80psi.

I started the motor and adjusted the bypass and regulator and then noticed the low oil pressure light on - I shut down.
The block is a filled 69 SCJ 429 and the motor is a 557 15.1 - and I am using a melling pump.
I pulled both valve covers and there was oil at the head drains but dry on the rockers and retainers. I put a socket on the oil pump shaft and had resistance, spun it up and nothing! Pulled off the filter which was full and spun it again for a while and not even a squirt:eek:

Maybe a cracked pump housing????? I appreciate any and all advice.

I would rather drop the K member than pull the motor, it does have a motor plate. I rely and refer to this site so often
thank you

·
Registered
671 Posts
Likely the drive shaft isn't properly in place.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I had this happen in my 347 SBF last season. The pump housing itself had broken in half. The bolts were still tight ....the bottom half was still pumping oil...... right back into the pan. Pull the pan.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I called Kaase, and his pump is back ordered. If I am going to drop the K member and pan, I guess it is a good time to upgrade the pump. I really never heard anything like this. The car was on jack stands, just confused

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I had a oil pump in my 466 bbf break off by the bolts and it was still pumping just not enought.
This situation I have zero psi:eek: Pan comes down when I get the Kaase pump. Just want to have parts on hand when I start the job....
I trying to install smartwire and was detoured by this, I did get the fuel system in though...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts