460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This buck was taken in Iowa this year on Dec. 6 by a guy named Chris Wood, from Des Moines during their 1st shotgun season... :shock: :shock: :shock: He ONLY scores 264" and has 33 scorable points...

Doug... 8)

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's gotta be the best huntin' song ever.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Doug... 8)

·
Registered
928 Posts
Oh great, there goes deer hunting around here for another 5-7yrs and land prices up again because all the city slicker accountants buying up the timber areas for 6 times what it's worth so they can have a place to hunt looking for that next record buck. Just like when that kid shot the record white tail during youth muzzle loader season a couple years ago.
i have been trying to get some land bought outside of town, and everytime I get close someone has to go ans shoot a big buck close buy (the one the kid shot was about 25miles from me)

I have always thought that 30pt buck song was great LOL

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here are 3 Mule Deer bucks that were photographed this past summer here in town... The deer in the bottom photo was poached by some wiseguy that thought he could get away with it... What he didn't realize, was that this deer was so well known in town, and had been photographed many times throughout his life and posted in the local paper... He was known as the triple drop-tine buck... People like that ought to be shot themselves... :evil: :evil:

Doug... 8)

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
ThndrChkn said:
This buck was taken in Iowa this year on Dec. 6 by a guy named Chris Wood, from Des Moines during their 1st shotgun season... :shock: :shock: :shock: He ONLY scores 264" and has 33 scorable points...

Doug... 8)

Now that's what I call a shooter. 8)

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
ThndrChkn said:

Doug... 8)
Thats one nice Buck, Doug. But ya know,I'd bet Les has passed up alot bigger deer than that. :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
379 Posts
dang i wish i had a nice little chunk of land with some corn in iowa or illinois :( theres always monsters being shot down there but o well i guess lately nd's been producin some monster mulies :D :D and alot of people say we have the biggest elk in the lower 48 besides arizona but darnit its nearly impossible to get a darn tag :cry: :cry: O and i agree that the idiot who shot that nice vevlet mulie should be shot himself....no good sob's :x

·
Registered
157 Posts
69mach428SCJ said:
dang i wish i had a nice little chunk of land with some corn in iowa or illinois :( theres always monsters being shot down there but o well i guess lately nd's been producin some monster mulies :D :D and alot of people say we have the biggest elk in the lower 48 besides arizona but darnit its nearly impossible to get a darn tag :cry: :cry: O and i agree that the idiot who shot that nice vevlet mulie should be shot himself....no good sob's :x
What'd he do? "Hunt" him by poking a rifle out the back window, while baiting him with apples sprinkled in the yard. From the yard to freezer in an hour - tops. I'm sure he had an explaination....maybe it "came at him" or sumptin? What's the charge for poaching in your neck of the woods?

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
1 - 14 of 14 Posts