460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK gang, the engine comes out this old girl this week and she leaves the 22nd of March for the demo derby world. If there is anything you can use from the carcass please speak up. Here's what I'm keeping....

Engine and bracketry
Transmission
Radiator and shroud

There are tons of good parts here. Dash and interior trim, hideaways , some chrome , rear light panel, hubcaps, washer fluid reservoir and lots of small underhood pieces, original COMPLETE jack assembly, etc ...

Does anyone need anything before I send her to her demise ?

Dean 479-263-3326

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The guy I'm selling the car to is using it for demo derby. This old car is really too rough to restore and would be a very poor choice to make the investment in. The engine and trans are going in my 64 Galaxie drag car project. I'm located in Northwest Arkansas. The reflector panel will set you back 35.00 plus freight. The lense is good with no obvious breakage but the chrome has a lot of very small pits and one very small pin hole.

Let me know, Dean

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
It's easy to try to guilt him after a deal is done... but any of you could have contacted him about it a couple weeks ago.

http://460ford.com/viewtopic.php?p=166315&highlight=#166315

The demo isn't my first choice to see stuff go away, but when it needs to go away, it needs to go away and keep everyone happy. The demo guys put up the money and come pick them up instead of whining about it being so far from home. They don't mind you getting some of the collectable items off either. Its not all about destroying the cars... you gotta keep them running to get to the end to get the points or the win.

Tom

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tom, I would have happily sold this car to anyone. The bottom line is that I offered it up and the demo guys want it BUT said we could harvest whatever smalls we wanted. On the other hand, I've also got a 70 Galaxie 2 door lined up for them. It's going to cost someone $1,000.00 to own it. Does anyone want it at that price ?

There is no demand for Galaxie 4 doors. Money spent on a restoration of this old behemoth would be wasted. Besides, restoring it would mean my 64 is engineless. THAT would be totally unacceptable. :)

It does remind you of that old Burt Reynolds flick doesn't it ? I thought it would have made a great cop car for a chase scene too. It rides like a dream and drives even better. But it is rough.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The engine and trans are out of the car and she's scheduled to be on her way to the demo folks next Saturday. Does anyone need any of the other small items ? Hideaway headlights maybe ? Let me know, Dean 479-263-3326

·
Registered
33 Posts
First of all, thank you very much for offering this car to me Dean. I will see you soon!

I would think that people would rather see cars like this being raced in any kind of race at all as opposed to just sending them to the crusher. Over the last few years I have seen and heard of hundreds of clean old Fords that people scrapped because prices were up.

We have just as much respect for old iron as any of you guys do. That car will go out honorably, I promise.

Again, thank you very much Dean and I'll talk yo you soon!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
John, Just let me know when you'll be coming down and I'll have the 2 door and the wagon here if you want them as well. I will need to do something with this car pretty soon as I don't want to piss of the neighbors by letting it sit too long. Do you want the driveshaft and trans cross member as well ? I left them in the car but I could certainly use them for my 64 if you don't need them.

I've sold a few pieces off of the car but nothing structural. It is still largely intact. While I was under the car taking things loose for the engine pulling, I was amazed at how solid the frame appears to be. I think you'll be well pleased with this old girl.

Give me a call when you get a second, Dean 479-263-3326

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Tom, it's a 76 Mercury wagon. It's a veritable boat. In fact the darned thing is so long it has its' own zip code. :roll:

It has a 460 in it and it actually runs and drives. Rock solid but it has a bad power window motor on the drivers door. I've got it bought for Johns' crew for a mere 750.00. If they don't want it ... do you ?

Let me know, Dean

1 - 15 of 15 Posts