460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well im looking to picking up some new firearms and looking for some input.

1) AR15 family what brands are good and what ones to stay away from?

2) Tactical Shotgun what brands are good and what ones to stay away from?

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
I have a bushmaster AR15. They are good. Colt makes a good one also , but they usually cost a bit more. DPMS panther I hear are good. Century Arms and Olympic Arms make a cheaper one and I have heard mixed reviews on them. I AM NOT AN AR15 EXPERT, just what I have read and heard.

·
Banned
4,325 Posts
I am not much of a brass chucker guy. I like to use pin point shooting, not just throw a hell of a bunch of rounds and hope to hit something... so not much help here good luck... beside it is like a child it has to be fed and eats alot.....

Randy

·
Registered
401 Posts
i like the colt ar-15 h-bar,expensive but will shoot long distances well.had mine for 20 yrs,fun to play with.

·
Banned
2,451 Posts
Colt is top of the line, Most of the others are good.

Tactical Shotguns, Mossburg 590 Mil Spec for a Pump or Banelli for a Semi Auto. + some other vendors Police spec Guns are nice too.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info does any one have any info on Tactical Shotguns Thanks again.

·
Banned
4,325 Posts
on the tactical shotguns I know that remington makes a conversion for the 870 and I think mossberg makes on for the 500A, I know there are a bunch of others out there but you will have to do some looking to see if they are in your price Range...

Randy

·
Registered
86 Posts
I bought a rock river arms ar-15 with the 16 inch chromelined barrel.... gun shoots a 1/2 group at 350 yds with hornady v-max ammo real happy with it.... ive got a remington 870 12 gauge with the pistol grip stock and pump with a 10 round tube its freakin awesome ..
their all fun to me haha

·
Premium Member
3,225 Posts
Remington owns Bushmaster now, and they are making a model called SP-15 I believe as well as a SP-25 which chambers the .308 family of cartridges. Rem 870 is hard to beat for a shotgun too.:)

·
Registered
620 Posts
7.62X39mm is another consideration...Ruger Mini-30? Pretty good gun...lots of "Bolt-On" mods...ammo is readily available, inexpensive. Not to mention quite a bit larger cartrige than a .223. That is, unless you just have your heart set on an AR.:cool:

·
Premium Member
3,225 Posts
7.62X39mm is another consideration...Ruger Mini-30? Pretty good gun...lots of "Bolt-On" mods...ammo is readily available, inexpensive. Not to mention quite a bit larger cartrige than a .223. That is, unless you just have your heart set on an AR.:cool:
If you want to hit something that you are aiming at past 50yds, don't do the Ruger. The one thing they are famous for is inaccuracy.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
67 Posts
An AR-15 can be set up to shoot well at long distances, I've shot several scores in the 190's (out of 200) and scores like that are very common. My group used Bushmaster receivers and Krieger Barrels in service style rifles. The rumor was that a bushmaster had better tolerances and fit to the upper better. We used moly coated bullets 69 grain at 200 and 300, and 75 grain A-max at 600. As far as tactical shotguns, I've used an 870 converted to tactical and it was nice.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
i like the colt ar-15 h-bar,expensive but will shoot long distances well.had mine for 20 yrs,fun to play with.
X2. I've got two of them, great guns.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
the mini-14 is a .223 cal rifle and has questionable accuracy. They do have some fun add-ons though.

·
Premium Member
3,225 Posts
the mini-14 is a .223 cal rifle and has questionable accuracy. They do have some fun add-ons though.
Mini-14=.223, Mini 30= 7.62X39 and is quite a stopper at close range.:)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts