460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i found a old car movie i have been hunting four years . anyone rember the movie HOT ROD? just watched it and it's my all time best movie. tell me youre best old movie . like two lane black top. ....bullet ..ect

latter Glenn

·
Registered
273 Posts
well it doesn't have fords in it but its filmed in St Cloud MN

Catch me if you can

its about a High school kid who goes drag racing to make money for his school

·
Registered
139 Posts
Does anybody remember seeing a movie about a dude who goes out west with some kinda hemi dodge,cop wrecks him,old man gives him an old willy's coupe and he beats the track owners son in a wicked olds, the ending,he push starts it down a hill and drives off.I saw it so many years ago that I cant remember the name or who was in it.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Anybody remember "Hollywood Knights"? Bunch of kids in a car club in a mid 60's Hollywood. They had some nice rides in that, including "Project X", the yellow 57 chebbie that Hod Rod magazine was always trying new stuff on. In the movie, that car got into a couple runs down the boulevard. Rented it not long ago to watch it again.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I dont know why you "old school" guys hate on the new Gone in 60 seconds, its a much better movie than the first with a very cool car chase. More American Graffiti and American Graffiti are great, Bullet, Dirty Mary Crazy Larry, Vanishing point are all great films.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Oldschool!

That would be me! I liked both for different reasons so they, along with all the others mentioned so far, are in my collection!

·
Registered
876 Posts
Hot Rod, and American Graffiti are 2 of my all time favorites. The new gone in 60 secs. was good x-cept for the "fake Shelby" Mustang and the retardly fake jump on the bridge. Never saw Catch me if you can, who was in it and with what kind of cars?

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
I dont know why you "old school" guys hate on the new Gone in 60 seconds, its a much better movie than the first with a very cool car chase. More American Graffiti and American Graffiti are great, Bullet, Dirty Mary Crazy Larry, Vanishing point are all great films.
It's because we are old school... no 80's and 90's cars in it. The scenery is way different. The only time you "replay" a portion of the remake is so you can see whats-her-name... not that I fault you for that lol. New movie technology is great, but us old car guys don't get turned on by new cars with square headlights.

So far I think I have missed anyone mentioning "The California Kid". I haven't been able to find Born to Run on dvd yet, if anyone knows where, I would be interested.

"Hot Rod Girl" is an oldie... Dano might like it even more than the rest of us. The term street racing goes back further than one could imagine.

I am missing Dirty larry, Crazy Mary and Two Lane Blacktop from my collection. I have not seen Hot Rod, or Catch Me If You Can, but would like to see them, and add them to the list.

Tom

·
Registered
273 Posts
Catch Me if you can had Matt Lattanzi; Loryn Locklin; Geoffrey Lewis; M. Emmet Walsh

it had a 57 chevy a camero and a couple others I don't remember haven't watched it for a while. Its only on VHS. It was written and directed by Stephen Sommers a St Cloud, MN native. He did the Mummy movies and quite a few others

·
Registered
476 Posts
Anybody remember "Fast Company"? It was about some guy running a funny car, and he got kicked out of it for some reason that I can't remember, so he goes and finds it in a warehouse and steals it - drives it down the street, pulls up along some guy in a GTO or something at the light...pretty phony show, but it was enough to catch my interest back in the '70's. They filmed a bunch of racing at Edmonton. It was ok.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Catch Me if you can had Matt Lattanzi; Loryn Locklin; Geoffrey Lewis; M. Emmet Walsh

it had a 57 chevy a camero and a couple others I don't remember haven't watched it for a while. Its only on VHS. It was written and directed by Stephen Sommers a St Cloud, MN native. He did the Mummy movies and quite a few others
Is that the one where the legend said the 57 was buried under the football field at the school? And he had to run some stoplight course in a certain amount of time? I kinda remember seeing a movie like that a long time ago.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts