460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I the car in my post about the EFI Mopar(1963 Dodge Wagon) was a little different to use as a car for the Power tour but check out some of these old cars:

http://www.billsretroworld.com/cars.htm

There are some really nice looking ones but then that era from around 1958 to 1961 it just seems like automotive styling was a little odd.....

Power Tour '63 Dodge Wagon:

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Thats really cool, Dave!!

I love the old style cars, you could identify just about any car coming at you 'cause they were all so different.

I think the words they used are hillarious too! "FireFlight, FireDome, FireSweep" "Futuramic!" and the best one was calling the Corvair a Prestige car:eek::rolleyes:

I see a nice Hudson in the mix eh Smasher???

Bill

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts
i had one them mercury marauder x100 when i was 16 and didn't know what i had until to late it had a 429pi in it, it was a 70 model they only made that model 2 years being 69 and 70

·
Registered
5,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought they were cool. I bought a 429 out of a '69 Mercury that was just like the one shown. This car had been in the junkyard for about 25 years. It had been hit but not too bad right in the front. It had those same wheels too.

It was a very nice engine. I used the heads on a low buck 460 mud racing engine and the block I later used as well when I built the 460 that's in my '79 1 ton pickup.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Thats really cool, Dave!!

I love the old style cars, you could identify just about any car coming at you 'cause they were all so different.

I think the words they used are hillarious too! "FireFlight, FireDome, FireSweep" "Futuramic!" and the best one was calling the Corvair a Prestige car:eek::rolleyes:

I see a nice Hudson in the mix eh Smasher???

Bill
you know if its old cars I'd eventually find it!.....LOL!!......Coming along nicely Bill!

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
They had Style, even the ugly ones were cool. Today's car's lack that. I'll be going to (Back to the Fifthys) car show here in a couple of weeks, ever car is 64 or older over 12,000 entirety's last year and half a million spectators. I'll post some pictures of the differnt car's we see. Thanks Dave.

·
Registered
355 Posts
O do those bring back some memories... As child my buddy's Dad worked at Dealership in Marina Del Rey, SoCal...and brought a different car home each Night...and on Sunday after church whatever car he had he would gives up each (4) a $1 to washe and wax and polish the chrome....Hardest damn dollar I ever made !!! Those rides were ALL Chrome back then..But sure did look Purdy !!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts