460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You know what they say, old Fords never die they just go faster. Anyway I was going through some photos and found a good shot of my older brothers 427 Cammer on the dyno (his dyno). Anyway thats me in front of the monster. It made 2300 hp with a mild tune on alcohol. It ain't no 460 but it's still cool. Anyway some of you older guys will appreciate it. Later...

·
Registered
201 Posts
.... :shock: that thing is bad ***, what's it going in ? I've got a few '63 1/2 galaxies you can try it in :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cammer

G-Force race cars built a chassis for it some time ago but it was put on hold until my brother has more time. I think he's got to many projects going! Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of the race car but if i get some I'll post 'em. Heres another pic of the beast. Thanks..

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cammer

showdown mustang said:
post a video with sound while its on the dyno! that would be great
I wish I had it on video. It moves the dyno stand around quite a bit when you hit it. Kinda scary but looks insane!

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
What are the specs on the engine? Cam, cubes, blower size, just curious. Thats a ton of hp, can't imagine my 572 coming anywhere close to that. Chris

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ccso640 said:
What are the specs on the engine? Cam, cubes, blower size, just curious. Thats a ton of hp, can't imagine my 572 coming anywhere close to that. Chris
Don't have a lot of info on the specs. I can tell you it has a 14-71 high helix blower, it's about 450 cubes and runs over 30 lbs of boost. There's not to many "factory" parts left in it. Although it's a decent amount of HP there's small blocks with turbos making more than that these days.

·
Registered
15 Posts
:D Thats every FE Mans dream right there!!! :D Tunnel port would be the next on my list.... WOW!!!

·
Registered
224 Posts
jims91notch said:
Anyway some of you older guys will appreciate it. Later...
You don't need to be an older guy to appreciate 427 sohc. When you're talking from blown sohc we are worshipping it (or at least I am)!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts