460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G,day,
Sorry for the simple question!
How do i find these old threads, remember reading them years ago and would like to revisit them.
Thanks very much!
Cheers

·
Premium Member
9,268 Posts
At one time Paul Kane had the old Network 54 site up with access to the original 460 ford dot com posts.

Paul?

SJ
used 2b RHP

·
Premium Member
5,588 Posts
The ol' Network54 site, which is the very first 385 Series Message Board known to exist, is still in one piece. Network54.com was acquired by Tapatalk and so the 385 Series Message Board was migrated over to their platform. I do still own it, just not doing much with it right now. The information is there for anyone to search, all the way back to 2000. Here is the link below:

·
Premium Member
9,268 Posts
The ol' Network54 site, which is the very first 385 Series Message Board known to exist, is still in one piece. Network54.com was acquired by Tapatalk and so the 385 Series Message Board was migrated over to their platform. I do still own it, just not doing much with it right now. The information is there for anyone to search, all the way back to 2000. Here is the link below:

Thank you Paul. I could not fine my link.

I remember the early days and all of the myth, misinformation and spirited debates.

My account is no longer active??? Profile is still there.
How do I log in?

You can reply via text or email if you wish.

SJ
used 2b RHP

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
G,day,
Thanks Paul!
Just have to figure out how to search it now.
Cheers
Paul:)

·
Registered
1990 Ford Mustang LX 351M powered!! Project Cherry Bomb!!
94 Posts
Thanks a bunch!! I've run into dead links for this site a lot on goggle searches and really wanted to use some of the stuff from there as reference material but couldn't pull up any links, now I can!!

·
Premium Member
5,588 Posts
I don't know what Network54.com is but this is 460Ford.com. You're not going to find those posts here.
Actually, you can indeed find many of those posts here--the original idea was to migrate the old Network54 posts to the newly created 460Ford.com. This is what the 460ford.com "Engine Tech Archive" section was intended to be: to hold/preserve the Net54 info or carry it over to this updated Forum platform. But that section has since been diluted with all kinds of new posts by people who were unaware of its original intention. It should have been made a Read Only section. By the way, the original Net54 posts are those posted back in 2006, but that info "carry-over" proved to be way, way too big of a task and was never completed. Fortunately all the original info is still intact and preserved (over at Tapatalk).

____
Thank you Paul. I could not fine my link.

I remember the early days and all of the myth, misinformation and spirited debates.

My account is no longer active??? Profile is still there.
How do I log in?
SJ
used 2b RHP
Ha! Yes I'd sometimes searched back to the very beginning and was amused at some of the presumptions being made about these engines. Little was known back then by most.

As far as log in, I'll have to log in as Admin and see what I can find out about password resets......

·
Premium Member
9,268 Posts
Actually, you can indeed find many of those posts here--the original idea was to migrate the old Network54 posts to the newly created 460Ford.com. This is what the 460ford.com "Engine Tech Archive" section was intended to be: to hold/preserve the Net54 info or carry it over to this updated Forum platform. But that section has since been diluted with all kinds of new posts by people who were unaware of its original intention. It should have been made a Read Only section. By the way, the original Net54 posts are those posted back in 2006, but that info "carry-over" proved to be way, way too big of a task and was never completed. Fortunately all the original info is still intact and preserved (over at Tapatalk).

____

Ha! Yes I'd sometimes searched back to the very beginning and was amused at some of the presumptions being made about these engines. Little was known back then by most.

As far as log in, I'll have to log in as Admin and see what I can find out about password resets......

Thanxx Paul.

Oh yes those closely held "State Secrets". :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

SJ
used 2b RHP

·
Super Moderator
4,985 Posts
Thanks Paul. That was before my time on here. I looked at the section you are talking about and see what you mean. When I have free time I may lock down that section & transfer all of the posts that came after 2006 or so over to the "Engine Tech" section. I can't imagine anybody would care. The last post in the "Engine Tech Archive" section is already a month old.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Ah, ye olde Network54 site, I remember it well. That's when I migrated from y-blocks and small blocks to my first 385 series motor, and its still going strong.

·
Super Moderator
4,985 Posts
Paul..

Was the "Engine Build Archive" supposed to have the same intent as "Engine Tech Archive"? I've moved many posts out of the "Engine Tech Archive" over to the "Engine Tech" section but I don't see a way to lock down the whole section yet. I'll keep looking to see if I can figure it out. They gave us no instructions at all when they migrated to the new platform but I guess they get what they pay for... I'm still free to them.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Didn't know you still owned the old site Paul. I used to be the mod on the companion Net '54 SmallBlockFord (221-260-289-302-351 Windsor) site until Tapatalk took over and the site owner stopped payments. Too bad as I wasn't in a position to do so myself. Good to see your post on the "wayback" to the old site.

Too bad the SBF Forum more or less disappeared from new posters. Just logged in here after a long spell away from the site and was gald to see things are doing fine.

Bob "Machoneman" Maag

1 - 14 of 14 Posts