460 Ford Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1990 Ford Mustang LX 351M powered!! Project Cherry Bomb!!
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aight, so I went ahead and bought a set of new assembled SCJ heads (insert happy dance here). I also got a set of stamped Trick Flo valve covers. To my utter surprise, they don't fit.. Looking at the head from the intake ports side, the far right exhaust valve is angled over towards the cover in such a way that the stamped cover will not fit. It has the cover pushed over almost 1/2 inch away from the bolt holes lining up on that end. Now, here's my issue. I went with the stamped VC's because I was trying to save room near the brake booster as it's gnna be tight there. (90 LX Foxbody) I really don't have the room for the big sheet metal VC's. I did find a 1.4 in spacer from Steff's fabrication that will let me use the Trick Flo VC's, but here again that's gnna be as tall as the big sheet metal ones... Does anyone know what VC's will fit the modern SCJ heads without being so huge or big and bulky?? And yes as a last measure I'll do manual brakes, but I really don't want to as I'm disabled...

· Registered
1990 Ford Mustang LX 351M powered!! Project Cherry Bomb!!
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I may have to bite the bullet and go that route, (Thanks for the link!!) I don't think my plan C (making a set of valve covers out of plywood) is gnna work out too well 😂🤣... If I can't get enough pedal stomp, the bracket moving it over will help out with room if I go hydro boost.. Right now I'm trying to decide on wether to get a set of spacers for my covers, or get a different set of covers altogether..

Edit: Sorry I neglected to mention that it's gnna be a street driven car with only an occasional trip to the track. I am disabled and don't have the strongest legs, but I do realize that with manual brakes that they work better when you pump em up! Something gen X knows nothing aboot!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts