1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
From personal experience I can tell you that if payouts go up so does the price of competing. Big payout money attracts big expensive racers. If that's what you want...fine but we had more fun racing for $50 bux a round or a case of oil...to win.

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Chuck Stevens said:
From personal experience I can tell you that if payouts go up so does the price of competing. Big payout money attracts big expensive racers. If that's what you want...fine but we had more fun racing for $50 bux a round or a case of oil...to win.
I don't mind the big expensive racers, I plan on winning anyway :lol:

I may try it in the near future. It looks fun. I'm thinking that I need to short shift the car to take 0.10 seconds out of it :wink:

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
720 Posts
i've run it

i've run it at rockingham.they run it with a 4 tenths pro tree and the 10 break out.you just need to find something to consistently knock the 10 th off during qualifing.i run a 5 speed and i have short shifted 1/2, 2/3, during qualifing.that knocked about a 10 off.i have also run it flat out and bumped the n2o in 5 th gear to make up the difference.its a game you can play with at the other end .the n2o really picked up the MPH and made the car hard to judge on the top end .i got runner up at a race in 04.holcomb motorsports nastalga race..its fun try it .........ron

T

·
0 Posts
I have thought about running Mod Comp in FFW but it's been so long since I have "no box" raced , that I would hate to see my reaction time. :lol: Now the .4 pro tree that is a different story. I loved the .4 pro tree when I raced Super Gas. :D

·
Registered
147 Posts
open-comp,,

The guys that run open-comp and win usually put about 200 lb's of ballast in the trunk for qualifing,then pull out 100 lb's to get the .10 seconds back,then as the rounds go on they can add or remove weight depending on weather or track changes,hope this helps,,,,,Gregg

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Would it make sense to use one of MSD's timing controls? I know that pulling some spark lead out of our BB Ranger makes it lay down consistently. Seems like a "dial it out" for qualifying, and "dial it in" for elims would be cheap, easy and consisent. Yes? No?

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
558 Posts
Open comp format classes are a blast. This type of racing takes the $$$$$$$ out of competition. It is literally all about the driver and how well he knows his car. I've run FFW Mod Motor class until it was merged with their Open Comp class (now called Mod Comp) and then I switched to the new Ultra Stang class (also open comp format). It's a great way to race if you're tired of all the electronics involved with "box" racing or your sick of getting "out-dollared" in heads up competition.

I use ballast to make up my tenth. I have also used timing and electronic tuning but ballast is, by far, the easiest.

Remember though.........Don't Blink. :twisted:

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
558 Posts
Nope. Wasn't me. I was nowhere near the points lead in M/M last season. I only raced three times last year. Figured I'd make up for it this year in U/S. Been in the points lead since the first race and I'm not giving it up either.

Was that a FFW race or NMRA? Reason I ask is that Robert Hindman won the M/M championship at FFW last season. He was damn near unbeatable. Sounds like the fiasco that went down in Bowling Green last year.

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
1 - 16 of 16 Posts