460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I am between engine builds. And I had my 429 in a 91 lx. And was planning on puttn it back in fox. I know all the good points about the fox. But a opportunity came up to get my 67 falcon sports coupe back that I aquired 20 some odd years ago and drag raced with a cleveland in it. Fairly good lookn car. Anyway I gave it to a good friend of mine 12 years ago. my wife and i were talking yesterday about all the good times we had with that car and I was telln him about it and he told me yesterday if I wanted it back to come get it. And I was thinkn. Ah the car I wished I had never gotten rid of. Oh sweet maybe big block. Shoot their are foxes everywhere but how many red and black 67 falcons factory v8 bodies are rolling at my local track. None. I know its some work to do a bb in one. But was just wanting to share the story and get some opinions on what would you do? All opinions welcome. Ps I was leaning towards falcon because it would get my wife more involved. Thx

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Get the Bird of Prey back!! Do it now ,before your friend changes his mind :wink:

·
Registered
823 Posts
Absolutely go for the Falcon. I think fox bodies are pretty damn ugly. New cars are so bland and boring to me. Falcon shouldn't be terribly hard to get a 460 into either, they came with big blocks from the factory.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
I guess the only question would be what class you race in. Personally I would rather have the Falcon but there are so many classes that are Mustang or Fox body specific that it blows ***. Everything else is pretty much left bracket racing but if that is all you do anyways then cool beans, no decision at all.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Id go with the falcon. It depends how fast you want to go when the conversion headaches come in. Went through that with my Maverick. Plugs and headers are the bitch. Surely you know that since you used to run it.
Throw in a nice 408C in and let Momma drive it :wink: 8)

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Falcon 8) Foxbodies are like azzholes/chevies :shock: everybody has one :lol:

·
Registered
456 Posts
How could not side with the falcon. I own a 85 stang but the older stuff gets my vote. As far as adding a big block, it's a breeze with a new front crossmember. Tres...

·
Registered
320 Posts
I feel your pain I was in the middle of tubbing my 86 fox and found my 66 custom. Don't feel bad for killing the fox I started cutting mine up for patch panels on my 66 :eek:
PS any one need 4 eye parts?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts