460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I know most of you guys here have been there and done that with these 460s. What kind of hp/tq numbers would it take to get a 3000lb car to go 5.80/5.70s on motor? Give some further details as to what heads would needed to be used and how big of a cam would it take or would the cam be a huge factor? I'm looking to go big block here soon and I get ALOT of talk from smallblock guys that BB are a waste of time because they can get a smallblock to go faster and weigh less. Lets keep in mind that this would have to be a street/strip motor. Is this possible? Also, was looking to have gas ready to use. My WHOLE goal is to run 5.20s or better with a fogger or plate set-up. Tell me guys what you think or suggest.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Ok, I know most of you guys here have been there and done that with these 460s. What kind of hp/tq numbers would it take to get a 3000lb car to go 5.80/5.70s on motor? Give some further details as to what heads would needed to be used and how big of a cam would it take or would the cam be a huge factor? I'm looking to go big block here soon and I get ALOT of talk from smallblock guys that BB are a waste of time because they can get a smallblock to go faster and weigh less. Lets keep in mind that this would have to be a street/strip motor. Is this possible? Also, was looking to have gas ready to use. My WHOLE goal is to run 5.20s or better with a fogger or plate set-up. Tell me guys what you think or suggest.
you the guy talking all the smack on the NE site? If so, give me a shout....I have the answer to your questions

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is your boy Julio...lol. Thats the most action NE forum I think has ever seen. It was all good intentions, but with a little fun ya know

·
Registered
6,970 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just curious, Could I keep the compression under 13:2 or so to run these kinda times? Been reading some of these threads and most are around 14:1. I wanna keep this thing somewhat streetable, but yet run some serious numbers.

·
Registered
6,970 Posts
Just curious, Could I keep the compression under 13:2 or so to run these kinda times? Been reading some of these threads and most are around 14:1. I wanna keep this thing somewhat streetable, but yet run some serious numbers.

i would say yes .... if i weighed 3000lbs i could run those times on motor ......... i would say with p-51's or tfs streets @ 13.2 and below should be fine .... just hollar at Lem Evans and he can get you the perfect pieces to the puzzle :D

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 11 of 11 Posts