460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like many here have the F series trucks. My 2002 F-150 had a flat tire. The tire irons are very dangerous and can cause injury, the rubber end can slide off. Here are some pics of a normal tire change (with ketsup of course) and 5 stiches later. So be careful...Bob
http://new.photos.yahoo.com/aametalmaster/album/576460762312600996

·
Registered
235 Posts
Similar Problem

Also, don't let the yahoos at the tire stores zap your lugnuts with their overpowered impact wrenches or you may never get the lugnuts off by the side of the road with the factory wrench. I always loosen the nuts when I get home and hand tighten.

They also stripped several of my lugnuts last time I had new tires put on.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Re: Similar Problem

Maulerman said:
Also, don't let the yahoos at the tire stores zap your lugnuts with their overpowered impact wrenches or you may never get the lugnuts off by the side of the road with the factory wrench. I always loosen the nuts when I get home and hand tighten.

They also stripped several of my lugnuts last time I had new tires put on.
If you have aluminum wheels you better follow the factory torque specs too. I heard that overtorquing the aluminum wheels on my F250 can cause warped rotors.....

Got the same iron on my 01 F250 too................ Except mine's a diesel so the iron is under the hood. So when you need it it just burns the evr loving crap out of your hands unless you happen to have gloves on....

·
Registered
728 Posts
haha, i nearly busted my hand the other day with one of those tire irons off our superduty, was helping a buddy wrench on his chevy the other day and the motor mounts werent lining up, couldnt find a prybar so i called on a little ford help and nearly smashed my finger

1 - 5 of 5 Posts