1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Hey Dave..........Do you know of the Texas ProStock Assn.? I really like their rules & format. I'd like to see a deal like that here in Florida, cuz I know lots of guys (including me) with cars that would fit right in, but it's a helluva tow to Texas every weekend. http:/www.texasprostock.com

·
Registered
872 Posts
TSPA is a pretty cool organization. I was really interested in it when it was formed a few years ago. Now the cars are way to fast for my budget - one recently ran a 4.8. If you don't run 4.8x to 4.9x you won't be in the hunt. They are head's-up, but don't count on aborted runs cause you won't see any. These people have there cars down cold - they go straight and fast. This is with 585 or so max CID no "C" or big chief heads. Single cast manifold no nitrous blowers etc.

They do need more Fords though.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Yeh......I've read their rules. Penalties for big inches, multiple carbs, etc. Lots of n/a cars down here that'll go 5.0 flat pretty easily. Of course, as soon as you say, "heads up" the price of being competitive rises. I know I should have chosen a cheaper hobby, but now I'm hooked on this one.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A while back there used to be a group around here called the "Texas Pro Stock Owners Association", I don't know if the "Texas Pro Stock Association" is the same group of guys but it could be.

I think that because there are quite a few tracks in this area (north & central Texas) that makes for a big market for a large number of different racing circuits. Different strips around this area in the past have run on any given weekend Outlaw Pro Mods, Outlaw Top Sportsman, King of the hill (back-half cars), True 10.5, Outlaw 10.5, and some times the Fuel Altereds....plenty of places to watch racing & spend money.

Two racing circuits that have recieved a lot of press over the years is the southern "Dixie Pro Stocks" (I think that's the name), and the "Wild Bunch" circuit (mostly blown P/M) on the west coast, they both sound like a blast.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Are you sure that wasn't the Texas PRO GAS Owners Association. The reason I ask is the yellow Fairlane in my avatar used to run that circuit back in the day - 90's. Back then, ole yeller used to run a 598 C-headed motor that ran 5.6x @3500# N/A by a man in his 60's under the guise "Social Security Racing".

TSPA is somewhat of a Houston-based organization. It will run at San Antonio, Pine Valley (Lufkin), and Temple Academy but mostly stays around Houston (Angleton, Sealy, Houston Motorsports and Houston Raceway).

Another organizzation around here is FSTA (Factory Street of Texas)
http://www.factorystreet.com/
Stock suspension, 10.5 tires, full interior, working lights 3200# for BB, no "pro-stock" heads. These guys are running bottom 5's. They were also smart enough to maintain a 5.75 index class for people who can't or aren't willing to leave their motor in the trash barrel at the track. Cause if you aren't willing to do that, you aren't willing to win.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
FE_rex said:
Are you sure that wasn't the Texas PRO GAS Owners Association. The reason I ask is the yellow Fairlane in my avatar used to run that circuit back in the day - 90's.
I'm not sure, but I don't really remember a circuit being booked at the Kennedale track with the "Pro Gas" name. I think that the Texas Pro Stock Owners Association might have been from around the Houston area...(my memory sucks).

I think there was also a group called "T.O.P.S." years ago (maybe "Texas Outlaw Pro Stock"???)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts