lobe sep 110
installed intake C.L. 110
valve [email protected] .050 int: 14 btdc 54 abdc
ext: 58 bbdc 18 atdc
2" into 3 1/2" Long tube tubular automotive headers

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
That thing should make closer to 750. Kaase made 700 with those heads on a 466 crate shortblock. He made around 750 on a FRPP 514 (521 actually) shortblock.

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
got it dynoed

got it dynoed, as soon as i have time i will scan the sheets and post them :D

·
Registered
10,854 Posts
It's not a pleasure to say this but, if that combination made ONLY 630 horsepower, it wouldn't have been good.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Brad Johnson said:
DD is predicting 623 HP @5500 and 635 lb-ft @4500.
Brad
rmcomprandy said:
It's not a pleasure to say this but, if that combination made ONLY 630 horsepower, it wouldn't have been good.
Northwest outlaw said:
i seen 701.1 if my eyes are right
I think this is what Randy was referring too.....

Impressive numbers...great job. :D :D

mike

·
Registered
10,854 Posts
YES ... around 700 HP is more in line with where it should be. :wink:

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
motor

Thanks but the ones who deserve the credit are Jon Kaase for the awesome heads and his guy Roger who I dealt with for the comp cam and other parts and Gene Pearson and Darrin Gould at Performance Concepts for the machining and assembly, and this board and its members, especially Carl from carsbycarl for the pistons. All I contributed was my overtime savings and a bunch of dumb questions! :D

·
Registered
86 Posts
jbozzelle

That thing should make closer to 750. Kaase made 700 with those heads on a 466 crate shortblock. He made around 750 on a FRPP 514 (521 actually) shortblock.
Even though those dyno numbers are impressive,I to would think that they would be closer to 750 horsepower.In fact I am hopeing that you had a soft tune-up and that the numbers would go up later on.
The reason why I am hopeing,other than the fact that it is a ford and I love the BIG BLOCK FORD,is that CAR CRAFT had done an article in the MARCH '07 issue with an 496ci stroker BBC and made a claimed 707 horsepower at 6400rpm and 603 torque at 5200rpm.
The motor was built around AFR 305cc heads(which do not even compare to KAASE P-51's to me),a COMP CAMS XTREME 292 cam and a DEMON 850cfm carb with 1 inch spacer.

Here is the link if you have time to read.
http://www.carcraft.com/techarticles/116_0703_big_block_chevy_engine_build/index.html

·
Banned
4,325 Posts
Brad Johnson said:
DD is predicting 623 HP @5500 and 635 lb-ft @4500.

The flow numbers I used are for P-51 heads with basic mild cleanup.

Brad

Desk top Dyno is just a play toy I have not seen any where on any engine combo where it was any where close to right, so I would trust it for S**T just use it as a game and be glad they only got a little of your money for buying it... :roll:

Oh by the way good numbers on the engine..

Randy

·
Registered
860 Posts
cougar1969 said:
Desk top Dyno is just a play toy I have not seen any where on any engine combo where it was any where close to right, so I would trust it for S**T just use it as a game and be glad they only got a little of your money for buying it... :roll:
Then you aren't using it right. The predictions are only as good as A) the quality of data and B) the care taken in running the sim (i.e. make sure everything is loaded properly and the right settings are selected). If you haven't had any luch with DD then maybe you should let someone else run the sims.

If I have actual flow numbers from the heads (hint: I didn't in the above sim), and presuming all the other info provided is accurate, I can usually get within 3-5% of the final build. At the very least it is an excellent tool for no-cost "what if's" before you start buying a bunch of expensive parts.

There's no need to hop on the soapbox every time someone mentions DD. We all know you loath it. Foaming at the mouth about it every time it comes up helps no one, especially considering that a lot of people can make it work.

Brad

1 - 20 of 54 Posts