460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is John Kaase the only one that sells these heads? I hear they are the bomb but they don't give them away that's for sure.:confused:

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Jon is not the only seller of his heads. Some on this board are also sellers.

·
Premium Member
8,750 Posts
Is John Kaase the only one that sells these heads? I hear they are the bomb but they don't give them away that's for sure.:confused:

given the amount of HP the P-51's will support right out of the box I feel that they are a bargain.

I as well as a few others here have them available.

:D

·
Premium Member
8,750 Posts
What do you charge for the P-51's?
$2,450 for the solid flat tappet spring package version.

Same as John Kaase and I believe lem evans.

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
What kind of HP numbers out of the box?

You've got to realize that the answer to your question depends on so many other factors,,,,,,such as how big is the engine,,,,,what is the duration and lift of the camshaft,,,,,compression ratio and so on,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,that the true answer is that they are good for any horsepower number between 500 Hp and 900+ Hp. Take your pick.

·
Registered
9 Posts
You've got to realize that the answer to your question depends on so many other factors,,,,,,such as how big is the engine,,,,,what is the duration and lift of the camshaft,,,,,compression ratio and so on,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,that the true answer is that they are good for any horsepower number between 500 Hp and 900+ Hp. Take your pick.
True. Excuse my brain fart

·
Registered
9 Posts
No problem. We just needed more info on your intended combination.
I have a '69 460 borded 60 over, forged flat top pistons @10.1 compression, mildly ported stock c9ve heads, the cam details I'm unsure about. The car has dynoed 387 RWHP and is rarely reved higher than 6 grand. How much could a set of those heads possibly help?

·
Premium Member
8,750 Posts
I have a '69 460 borded 60 over, forged flat top pistons @10.1 compression, mildly ported stock c9ve heads, the cam details I'm unsure about. The car has dynoed 387 RWHP and is rarely reved higher than 6 grand. How much could a set of those heads possibly help?
First off the valve angles are different on the P-51's so they are not actually a bolt on because different valve notches are needed in the pistons.

With out knowing more about your cam and vehicle type transmission etc I can not provide and answer to how much would the heads help.

·
Registered
928 Posts
To me that sounds like a build that would be much better served with something like the TFS streets if you really wanted to go with an alum head.

·
Registered
127 Posts
p-51

How much would they do with a stock rebuilt 466 (8.5 compr.) and a (fancy) cam...?

The right intake and carb, too, that is...

·
Premium Member
1,733 Posts
How much would they do with a stock rebuilt 466 (8.5 compr.) and a (fancy) cam...?

With that small of cubic inch and compression that low, I am afraid it would be kind of soft on torque and be down on hp also. These heads are big runner ports and move a ton of air for a stock runner location head. But like some one else said earlier the TFS Streets would work better.

Kasse made some good power out of a 466 with his heads but the compression was up and the cam was fairly large also. Combo was match to make the heads work on that small of an engine.

JMHO

·
Banned
2,451 Posts

Your probably better off using a set of Ported Iron heads with the Low Compression and the Smaller Cam Situation. They will probably out perfrom a set of P-51 in a Low RPM Scenario.

·
Premium Member
5,231 Posts
Your probably better off using a set of Ported Iron heads with the Low Compression and the Smaller Cam Situation. They will probably out perfrom a set of P-51 in a Low RPM Scenario.
A good set of DOVE's would work good on that combo ! The DOVE heads kick *** for the smaller port heads .

1 - 18 of 18 Posts