460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody here dyno compared these to sr71/afr/ex514/blue thunder,ect.? So many grate choices now, even cast iron available, great time for BBF`s

·
Premium Member
8,910 Posts
Yup and this subject has been thoroughly litigated on the 429-460 forum.

SJ
used 2b RHP

·
Premium Member
8,910 Posts
The answer you seek is on the 429-460.com forum. Take a look.

Which head works best depends on application and who is doing the testing.

SJ
used 2b RHP

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
Not alot of love:love: for the AFR heads over there....lol

Cheers, Bob

Or the BLUE THUNDER HEAD, which when done right could be best of the 3

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
Afr's right up there tho

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I sold my old blue thunders years back for my p-51`s. ALL the right holes on b.t.`s were time serts, very well-built head. A.T. francis has the highest standards in the industry. If only I could afford to build an engine that could use his THOR heads!!! That would settyle ANY debate LOL!

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
Have done a few with them, Might have a sheet on one of the early ones. I'll look they were new back then.

One guy was told his BT's were no good after having an expert in heads work on them. After it blew up for the 2nd time.

Was in a 3780-pound car ran 11,80s. now with the BT's, it runs 930s on nuts 552ci, same weight. What kinda power do you come up with doing the math on that? It will go 8's on the motor When the track open back up.

We also set a few records years ago at Peet monster mud drags with a BT headed 514, against a lot larger engines at the time.

There's a set on the market place right now, For 1500 for the pair

P51 works good but need a lot to make good power, I have 4 out there, one makes 1050 1 carb.

But if you want a lot of power they all take work

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
Which head works best depends on application and WHO IS doing the testing.
[/QUOTE]

YUP , THAT'S A BIG PROBLEM, Some who don't sell a certain part say it's not good so they can sell theirs

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Have done a few with them, Might have a sheet on one of the early ones. I'll look they were new back then.

One guy was told his BT's were no good after having an expert in heads work on them. After it blew up for the 2nd time.

Was in a 3780-pound car ran 11,80s. now with the BT's, it runs 930s on nuts 552ci, same weight. What kinda power do you come up with doing the math on that? It will go 8's on the motor When the track open back up.

We also set a few records years ago at Peet monster mud drags with a BT headed 514, against a lot larger engines at the time.

There's a set on the market place right now, For 1500 for the pair

P51 works good but need a lot to make good power, I have 4 out there, one makes 1050 1 carb.

But if you want a lot of power they all take work
@3780lb.....i think its showing 880hp @145mph

Which head works best depends on application and WHO IS doing the testing.
YUP , THAT'S A BIG PROBLEM, Some who don't sell a certain part say it's not good so they can sell theirs
[/QUOTE]

Must be why Kaase claims 1048hp with OTB p-51 heads, and the AFR heads only making 998hp.........Imo i think it was the other way around..............BUT hey he was trying to push his own heads like every other head company.

Cheers, Bob

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
Must be why Kaase claims 1048hp with OTB p-51 heads, and the AFR heads only making 998hp.........Imo i think it was the other way around..............BUT hey he was trying to push his own heads like every other head company.

Cheers, Bob
[/QUOT

only we

Cheers, Bob
[/QUOTE]
only went 127mph, front wheels were turning inwards, and he lifted. that's why I said it will go in the 8s

If he will let me dyno it? I m going to say it will make 900 plus.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts

Cheers, Bob
[/QUOT

only we

Cheers, Bob
only went 127mph, front wheels were turning inwards, and he lifted. that's why I said it will go in the 8s

If he will let me dyno it? I m going to say it will make 900 plus.
[/QUOTE]

At that weight and it runs an 8.9 it's close to 1000 hp!!

Cheers, Bob

1 - 16 of 16 Posts