460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Where are you located ?

By reasonable do you mean fair market value if new (Kasse price on website) or less if used ?

Is there a shortage of these right now ? None in stock ?

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
Have you considered AFR heads? The 88cc chamber castings are available, and can be built to suit with a 2-3 week lead time.

·
Registered
78 Posts
AFR heads look cool, but I believe have a valve placements and angles - requiring a new valve relief configuration from the 2 common ones (SCJ/P51 and regular CJ)
I think the AFR intake manifold is also required - maybe other intakes could be modified?
Rocker arms? stud girdle available?

Someone in the know will know what is required to use the new AFR heads.

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
AFR heads look cool, but I believe have a valve placements and angles - requiring a new valve relief configuration from the 2 common ones (SCJ/P51 and regular CJ)
I think the AFR intake manifold is also required - maybe other intakes could be modified?
Rocker arms? stud girdle available?

Someone in the know will know what is required to use the new AFR heads.
Yes, they have their own proprietary valve location requiring a unique valve relief. If you already have pistons, you can notch them, or I have AFR specific pistons available.

AFR has two single plane intakes available (4150 and 4500), or any standard port intake can be port matched to the heads.

The exhaust ports are based on the CJ port, so any CJ flange header/gasket will work, and the heads are available with the ports in standard location or raised .250.

Any BBF roller rocker can be used, and stud girdles are available from AFR as well.

·
Registered
437 Posts
fordmonsta

would you please buy the afr heads so I can come over and fondle them without spending my money I will help you notch the pistons to. if I ever get this 408 sold its on like donkey kong!!! I'll call you this weekend getting ready to start on the sleeper mopar tomorrow oh god help me!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts